Feelings Of The World

Harmony

I open my eyes after what seemed to be from my deep slumber.

Turning around, I reach for my phone by the table only to realise that days has passed since. My body was indeed not strong enough to house this gift. Grunting at my fatigued self, I get up, throwing my phone back on the bed.

Finally slipping out of my outfit from that night, I head for a cold shower, reeling into the freshness it filled me with, rather than the tiredness it took away from me.

When I had spent enough time refreshing my blank thoughts, I step out and carry myself in my usual clothing, a pair of dark jeans and an equally dark vest. Taking my belonging, which was just my purse and my phone, I lock the doors of my so-called hideout, hidden within the coast, in between all the others.

I put my dark shades on to conceal the rusty copper in my eyes which glimmered golden in the daylight and head for a café further ahead, across the street. A perfect camouflage I would say, but others might disagree, but who was to remember anything they saw anyways.

I enter the wide-open door of the café, almost tasting the delicious smell of the coffee at this close proximity. Ordering a large cup of latte and a sandwich to go, I wait for them to prepare it. "Elisa." The name I had used for myself comes up and I walk forward to the girl who held a sweet smile along with my food.

"Thank you."

Avoiding her touch, I grab the top half of the cup, away from her hand but end up brushing against the tips of her fingers. "Have a nice day." She looks at me with her innocent eyes and I force a smile out as I nod my head.

Just why?

In a hurry to get out, I bump into, yet another man and it repeats again. "You okay?"

But I continue walking without looking back, not forgetting to erase me as I whisper a word of apology. "Sorry."

Clutching tightly onto the cup and my now scrunched bag of sandwich, I hurriedly make my way towards my parked car and speed out onto the road, wanting to get away, run far from living. Why now?

Following the paths of the ocean, I drive along its curves. The gentle breeze from the ocean plagues in through the wide gap of the window and tosses the thick locks of my brown hair across my face, away from my face. But with my mind and my body disagreeing with every turn I take; I just couldn't go any further.

Screeching to the side, I drive into the narrow road, empty and abandoned, leading me directly into the face of the ocean itself. Slamming the door shut, I get off the car and throw my shades into the fluffy white sand and bashfully hit the hood. Although the feelings confused me, I knew better than to transfer them to the only means of transport I had for miles ahead.

This place was as deserted as I was.

"Why?" I shout out to the ocean. The only one that ever knew my existence. The only one that ever heard my voice, carried it in its waves but dismissed it with a voice of its own.

"I just want to leave." I whisper as the feelings subsides. "I was ready to leave once and for all. So, why is he calling for me now? Why does he need my help? Doesn't he already have enough?"

I cover my face with the palm of my hands as I lean on the side of the car. "Just why?"

Taking deep inhales of the soft breeze, I drop my hands and let them fall on my side. I watch the white clouds, dancing along the blue sky, to a beat only it heard of, travelling to a country, even it didn't know of. I close my eyes and bite my lips, averting its hypnotic scheme from inflicting me and taking me along with it.