III

You both decide to leave now and head back to the razor crest. Mando set up the capsule the child sat in, to follow behind you, connected to something on his wrist.

"We need to stop. We won't make it there before it's dark." you suggest and mando nods

You stop and light up a fire and sit down, leaning against a rock. You watch as mando slides down and winces.

"You're hurt." you tilt your head

"I'm fine."

"You're not."

You walk to him and sit next to him. You grab his arm and take a look. There was a small cut on his arm. It wasn't too big, but it was deep. You roll his sleeve gently and take out some supplies you had, and begin to clean it off.

"Thank you." he looks down at you

You look up and nod, pausing a second, then continue to clean it off. The child begins to crawl out of his capsule and reaches out towards the cut.

"Hey buddy." you pick him up "Let me finish ok?" you place him into the capsule and he tried climbing out again.

You sigh and lay him down and mando closes the capsule for the night.

-

First thing the next morning after mando wakes you up, you head off back to the crest. As you walk, you have the capsule open and let the child play with your finger. Mando sticks his arm out in front of you, hitting your chest, causing you to stop.

"What?"

"Jawas." he runs over and pulls out his pulse rifle beginning to shoot.

Most of the Jawas see the shots and run towards their sand crawler. A few of them get hit by the rifle and disintegrate. You sighs and follow loosely as Mando chases after it. He attempts to climb up the side but he gets thrown off.

"Shit." you hear him mumble, walking up to him.

You help him up with a sigh. You walk back to the ship to find it stripped, practically destroyed. As you walk through you see open walls and wires out. You watch as he opens a couple doors to some sort of cabinet, only to reveal it empty. He slams the doors shut, causing you to jump.

Following him up to the cockpit you look around some more. Great. Stuck on a planet once again. Mando takes a seat in the pilot chair and tries to start up the ship. To no surprise, it's fails. He leans back in the chair and lets out a frustrated sigh.

"It's alright. I'm sure we'll think of something." you say

He thinks for a moment "Kuiil?"

-

Next thing you know you're walking back to Kuiil's hut. When you get there you see him working up on a tower with a box of tools. He hears you come up and turns around.

"I thought you were dead." he says

"Got lucky." you shrug

His gaze falls to the child who was on the ground chasing a frog. "This is what was causing all the fuss?"

"I think it's a child." mando says

"It is a child." you pick him up

"Better to deliver it alive then." Kuiil watches the child

"My ship has been destroyed." mando says.

"We're stuck here." the child grabs your finger

"Stripped, not destroyed. Jawas steal.."

The child catches sight of the frog he was chasing earlier once again. You smile to yourself and set him onto the ground so he can chase it again. He runs around and finally catches it.

"Stolen or destroyed. Makes not difference to me." Mando says then looks down at the child "Hey! Spit that out."

"Hey let him be." you bump your elbow into his arm

Mando shakes his head "There's now was to get the parts back. They're protected by their crawling fortress."

"You can trade can't you?" you ask

"Yes. Trading is an option." Kuiil nods

"With Jawas? Are you out of your mind?" mando turns to you

"I will take you to them. I have spoken." Kuiil turns and walks away back into his hut.

"Did he just-" you turn to mando

"He did." he nods

Kuiil comes back with a small
backpack and you all head out. Kuiil rode his blurrg and mando sat on a sled, trailing behind the blurrg. You decided to walk next to the child in his capsule.  It begins to rain so mando closes the capsule, allowing the child to rest.

-

When you finally reach the crawler, you see the Jawas setting up their things. They quickly come to a half and point at mando.

"They really don't like you." Kuiil says after geeeting them

"He did disintegrate a few of them." you shake your head

"You need to drop your rifle, and all other weapons." Kuiil says looking at you

You nod and place your blasters on the ground along with a knife. Mando shakes his head.

"I'm a mandalorian. Weapons are a part of my religion."

"And what religion is that?" you shake your head "Just put them down."

"You won't get your parts back." Kuiil says to mando

He hesitates "Fine." he mumbled and puts his weapons down.

"They will trade the parts for the Beskar."

"They aren't gonna get that." you scoff

"No way. I'm not reading anything. These are my parts. They stole from me." he attempts to speak jawa but fails

The Jawas laugh and talk between each other mockingly. Mando gets frustrated and fires his flamethrowers at the Jawas and the hall panic, backing up.

"Mando." you turn to him "There's gotta be something else." you say in perfect Jawa.

"Didn't know you could speak Jawa." Mando says

"I'm just full of surprises." you joke

His look lingers even after you turn away. The Jawas talk amongst themselves then finally decide. An egg.

"The egg?" you question looking at Mando

"Don't ask me."