XXVI

"Hey hey hey! Sorry gang. Come on, you know he doesn't like droids." a familiar voice calls out ahead.

"May as well let them have it. The crest needs a good once-over." Din says walking over

"Oh so he likes droids now. Well you hear him!" she yells "I guess a lot has changed since you were last in Mos-" she stops and watches as Din shows her the child "Thank the force! This little thing has had me worried sick!" she picks him up.

You laugh and shake your head "Good to see you."

"You too." she nods "Looks like it remembers me. How much do you want for it? Just kidding. But not really. You know, if this thing ever divides or ..buds I will gladly pay for the offspring."

"We're here on business. We need your help." Din says

"So you guys stuck together after all." she smiles "Anyway, business you shall have! Care for me to watch this wrinkled critter while you seek out adventure?"

"Not exactly.." you say

"I've been quested to bring this one back to its kind." Din says

"Oh..well I can't help you there. I've never seen any like it. And trust me, I've seen all shapes and sizes in this town."

"A mandalorian armorer has sent us on our path. If I can locate another of our kind, I can chart a path through the network of coverts." Din explains while you look off at the droids working on the ship.

"You guys have been the only Mandos here for years from what I can tell." sue shrugs

You turn "We're looking for Mos Pelgo. Where is that?"

"Oh boy I haven't heard that name in a while." she puts her hand on her hip.

"It's not on any of the maps." Din says

"That's cause it was wiped out by bandits. Once the Empire fell, it was a free for all. I didn't dare leave the city walls. Still don't."

"I'll be right back." you pat Din's shoulder and walk onto the ship.

When you walk into the ship your find your blasters and put them in their holsters on your belt. You make sure you're armed and ready before leaving again. When you walk back out, Din was headed toward a speeder bike.

"Figure out where we're going?" you ask as you watch him out the child on the back of the bike.

"I think so." Din nods.

You take a seat wrapping your arms around him and he starts up the bike. Din drives you across the sand a long way u til the sun begins to set. Din stops the bike around a group up tuskens, who luckily let you stay for the night. Din had done most of the talking through sign language to get them to let you tag along.

-

In the morning you set off again, thanking the tuskens, and making the long journey to Mos Pelgo. It seemed like forever. You could've fallen asleep on the back of that bike. You look around as you notice the bike slowing down. You were entering a small town. The locals watch as you ride slowly down the middle of the street. Din pulls the bike to the side, stopping in front of a cantina. You get off the bike and Din follows. You leave the child on the back and walk into the cantina.

A man stood behind the bar mixing drinks. Din walks up resting his arm on the bar and the man looks up.

"Can I help you?" he asks shifting his eyes from Din to you.

"I'm looking for a Mandalorian." Din says looking around the cantina.

"Well we don't get many visitors in these parts. Can you describe him?"

Din looks back at you and your shrug. "Someone who looks like us." Din leans forward.

"You mean the marshal?"

"Your marshal wears Mandalorian armor?" you ask stepping forward.

"See for yourself." he points at the door.

You turn to see a man standing in the doorway. Wearing Mandalorian armor. It looked old. Beaten and distressed. He walks in.

"What brings you two here strangers?" he asks

"We've been searching for you, for many parsecs." Din says

"Well now you found me." he walks to the bar "Weequay, three snorts of spotchka."

The man behind the bar - Weequay- takes out a bottle of spotchka and three glasses. The man takes them then walks over to a table and sits.

"Why don't you join me for a drink?"

Din turns and you step forward intrigued. He takes off his helmet and sets it on the table. "I've never met a real Mandalorian."

You look at Din then back at the Marshal.

"Heard stories. I know you're good at killing. And probably not too happy to see me wearing this hardware." he pours drinks "So I figure.. only one of us..or two" he gestured at you and Din "..is walking out of here."

You step forward and open your mouth about to say something but pause when the Marshal speaks again.

"But then I see this little guy.." he points at the doorway "and think maybe I pegged you wrong."

You look down to see the child making his way in. The Marshal sets down two cups in front of you and Din.

"Who are you?" Din asks

"I'm Cobb Vanth. Marshal of Mos Pelgo." he raises his glass and takes a sip.

"Where did you get the armor?" Din asks

"Bought it off some Jawas."

"Hand it over." Din tilts his head

Cobb smiles "Look pal, I'm sure you call the shots where you come from, but around here, I'm the one that tells folks what to do."

"Take it off." Din steps forward "Or I will."

You look down at the ground and take a deep breath. Something about Din saying that messes with you. You shake the thought away then look back at Cobb.

"We gonna do this in front of the kid?" Cobb asks pointing at the child

"He's seen worse." Din says

"Right here then?"

"Right here."

"Seems to me like you're stalling." you tilt your head.

Cobb slowly stands up, placing his hand on his blaster. He stares at Din who had his hand hovering over his blaster. You move your hands ready to grab yours when the ground starts shaking. You look around the see the man behind the bar running away. Cobb holds up a finger then walks to the doorway. You and Din follow them look out the door.