XIII

"Shit!" you yell holding onto the back of Din's chair.

You were being chased and shot at by another bounty hunter who wanted the child. You wouldn't be surprised if they were also just burning you and Din. Luckily, Din was doing the best he could to avoid each shot. No thanks to you, constantly shaking the chair.

"Hand over the child Mando. I might just let you live." a voice says over the radio

They shoot one of the engines on the crest and it shakes, causing you to slip and almost fall to the floor. "Din-"

The engine is shot at again, but this time it bursts into flames. "Come on!" Din yells frustrated.

"I can bring you in warm, or i can bring you in cold." the voice says over the radio. You hear Din take a sharp breath.

He slams the breaks making you slide back and hit the wall. The hunter flies fast in front of you and Din aims his blasters. "That's my line." he shoots and the ship explodes.

"Maker.." you let out a sigh

"Losing fuel.." Din says

He powers down the ship then starts it back up again. You catch your breath and grab the child, holding him in your lap as you take your seat. You look ahead and notice a planet come into view.

"Tatooine huh?"

"Not for long.." Din turns "You don't like it?"

"It's not my favorite place no. Had a job there once."

"Didn't go well?"

"You could say that." you shake your head "I try to forget about it."

"Well then i'll make it quick." he reaches back quickly patting your thigh then turns back around.

You feel your face heat up and you can't process what just happened. That was an intimate touch. I know it was. Wh-

"We're here."

Din lands the crest at a small station. He takes the child and sets him in bed before heading out of the ship. You slip your helmet on and head outside. You see Din shoot at something and you reach for your blaster.

"Hey! HEY!" someone came yelling "You damage one of my droids you pay for it!" a woman comes running out.

"Just keep them away from our ship."

Ok am I taking things the wrong way or did he really say that. Our ship.

You put away your blaster.

"Yeah? you think that's a good idea do ya?" she walks towards the ship "Lets look at your ship." she knocks on one part and you can hear it rattle inside. "Oof look at that..Oh you got a lot of carbon scoring building up top. If I didn't know any better I'd think you were in a shootout." You glance at Din and he shakes his head "Look at that a mess! How did you even land? That's gonna set you back."

"I've got 500 imperial credits." Din says

"That's all you got?" she turns to the droids "Well what do you guys think? That should at least cover the hangar."

"We'll get you your money."

"I've heard that before." she turns to you "What about you?"

"Some." you take some credits from your belt and toss them to her.

"That'll do." she puts them in her pocket.

"Just remember-" Din says as you both start walking away

"Yeah, no droids. I heard ya. Don't have to say it twice."

..

"What's your thing with droids?" you ask as you walk towards a cantina

"Don't like em."

"Obviously." you scoff "But why?"

"Don't worry about it."

You head inside the cantina. It was very small and empty. Complete opposite of Nevarro. You look around and Din walks up to the bar tender.

"Hey droid. We're hunters. We're looking for some work."

"Unfortunately the bounty hunter guild no longer operates from Tatooine." the droid states

"We aren't guild-" you start

"We aren't looking for guild work." Din says resting his hands on the bar.

"I'm afraid that does not improve your situation. At least by my calculation."

"Think again tin can."

You turn around from the bar to see a man sitting at a table with his legs propped up.

"No thanks." you turn to start walking away

Din grabs your arm "Wait."

"If you're looking for work, have a seat my friends. Name's Toro. Toro Calican."

You sigh walking over to the booth. You hesitate to take a seat, and lean on the wall.

"Come on relax." Toro says  taking his feet oof the table.  He places a puck on the table and presses the button, lighting up the hologram. "Picked up this bounty puck before i left mid rim. Fennec Shand."

Oh shit.

"An assassin. Heard she's been on the run ever since the New Republic put all her employers on lockdown." he continued

"I know the name." Din says

"I don't like it." you shake your head

"Ya, well I followed the tracking fob here. Now the positional data suggests she's headed out beyond the dune sea. Should be an easy job."

You scoff and turn to see Din standing up. "Well good luck with that." He says and you slide out from the table as well.

"Wait wait wait I thought your guys needed work?" Toro stands

"How long have you been with the guild?" Din tilts his head

"Long enough.."

"Nice try." you shake your head

"Clearly not. Fennec Shand is an elite mercenary. She made her name by killing for all the top from syndicates, including the Hutt's. If you go after her you won't make it past sunrise." Din says and you both begin walking away

"This-" he follows you "..is my first job. You can keep the money. All of it. I just need this job to get into the guild. I cant do it alone."

You glance at Din. You didn't like the idea of going after Fennec Shand at all. He slightly tilts his head and you sigh knowing what he's implying.

"Meet us at hangar three-five in an hour. Bring so speeder bikes, and give me the tracking fob." Din holds out his hand

Toro stares then a grin grows on his face. He smashes the fob against the wall.

"What the hell." you say

"Don't worry princess. Got it all memorized." he taps his head

"Don't call me that." you snap at him

Din grabs your arm holding you back, then turn to Toro. "Half and hour."

"Looks like you're stuck with me!"

Din practically has to drag you out of the cantina.