X

"Yesterday."

"I mean..in front of someone else" She looks at him

Of course. You roll your eyes grabbing your helmet. "I'm going for a walk." you slide your helmet on walking outside.

You walk around the farm watching the children play. You start to wonder what life for you would be like once you got the child to safety. Would you continue to be partners? You sigh shaking the thought from your head and walking into Cara's hut.

"Cara?"

"What's up?" she asks taking a sip of her drink

"What're you up to?" you ask as you walk in

"Not much, unpacking a little"

"May I?" you ask and Cara nods.

You take a seat across from her. She stops what she's doing and looks at you. "You and Mando huh?"

"What?" you tilt your head

"There's something going on.."

Your cheeks heat up, luckily your helmet hides it. "We're just partners."

"Romantic partners?"

"No." you shake your head

"Hmm..that's exactly what he said"

Is it? "Alright alright" you dismiss the topic and Cara laughs

-

You and Cara meet up with Mando and head off to patrol the forest. You all held your blasters in hand, ready as you walked through. You set a mode in your helmet enabling you to see footprints. You look around and see tons covering the ground.

"About fifteen or twenty of them came here on foot." Mando says following them

You look up at the trees and stare, then point "Look at that"

"Something big sheered those off" Mando says looking up

You find a large mark on the ground and bend down to examine it. "What is it?"

"AT-ST." Cara says

"Imperial walker." Mando says "Have you seen one?"

You nod slowly standing back up "Out here?"

"This is more than I signed up for." Cara says sighing

"What are we gonna tell them?" you ask turning to Mando.

-

While walking back towards the farm your mind starts to trail off. You watch Cara and Mando as you all walk through the woods. Cara, adjusting her blaster..Mando, looking up at the trees.

Your mind wanders as you think back to what Cara says. Yes..you were partners, but..did you want more? At first, the thought is weird. Sudden. But the longer it lingers the more it appeals. Gah snap out of it!

-

When arriving back into the farm Cara gathers everyone up as you and Mando stand in front of them. You take in a deep breath preparing yourself for what you're about to tell them.

"Bad news.." Mando starts "you can't live here anymore."

The farmers start mumbling and yelling, asking why, becoming angry.

"Nice bedside manner.." Cara whispers

"Very smooth." you whisper and nod

"Think you could do better?" he asks

"Couldn't do much worse." Cara shrugs "Look," she speaks up "I know this is not the news you wanted to hear, but there are no other options."

"You took the job!" someone yells

"We didn't know about an AT-ST!" you yell back

"We have nowhere to go.." Omera walks forward "please."

"Sure you do. This is a big planet." Cara crosses her arms "At least, i've seen smaller"

They all start complaining, something about how they've been farming for generations. You sigh and begin to feel bad for them but you knew that the three of you fighting an AT-ST would not work out.

"We can learn!" someone else shouts

you exchange looks with Cara and Mando then turn back.

"I've seen that thing take out companies of soldiers in a matter of minutes." Cara says shaking her head

"We are not leaving." Omera stares

"You cannot fight that thing." Cara looks at her

"Unless we show them how." Mando says and you turn to him

You tilt your head and he gives a nod. "We're really going to try and teach them to fight?" you whisper

He nods "What choice do we have?"

You sigh turning back to Cara "Unless we show them how.." you nod

Cara shakes her head and turns back to the farmers "It's your lucky day, i'm out voted."

-
You all gather up the farmers around the three of you in the middle. Mando steps forward.

"You got two problems here. You got the bandits, and you got the mech." Mando says "We'll handle the AT-ST, but you gotta protect us when they come out of the woods. And I don't have to tell you how dangerous they are. Cara Dune here was a veteran." he motions to her "She was a drop soldier for the rebellion, she's gonna lay out the plan for you, so listen. Carefully."

Cara explains her plan, then introduces you to explain how you're going to help be here ready to get them started.

"Everyone has to listen carefully or this won't work. This will be hard, i've had much training, too much to try and teach you now. But i will do what I can." you give Mando a nod

Mando took everyone and separated them into groups to practice shooting. Cara took some to train with long staff like items. She called it 'melee' training.

You and Mando stand in front of a group watching them ready their blasters and aiming them at the pits and pans that were hanging. You adjust some of their stances as you walk by then stand next to Mando.

"Alright." you look at him

"Ready?"

You nod with a deep breath "I suppose."

"Fire!" he yells