XIX

"I wonder what you look like under there." Mayfeld says looking between the two of you "Maybe he's a gungan."

"Shut up." you shake your head

"You ever seen his face?" Mayfeld asks Xi'an.

She gasps playfully "A lady never tells."

"Aw come on guys." Mayfeld starts "we gotta trust each other here. You gotta show us something. Come on. Just lift the helmet up."Burg walks towards Din and Mayfeld continues "Let's all see your eyes."

Burg reaches over at Din's helmet. He grabs his hand and twists it behind his back. Burg fights him off, making Din kick him.

"Enough! Please." you yell and take off your helmet.

Din and Burg stop. And everyone looks at you. Great. In the moment your forgot the whole debate about the helmet. You sigh.

"Look we can't fight like this, it'll just make the job harder." you put your hand on your hip.

Burg stumbles back into the wall and hits the control panel. You quickly look over as it opens to the child. He coos looking up at everyone.

"Woah. What is that?" Mayfeld steps closer. "You get lonely up here buddy?" he says and Xi'an walks over. "Wait a minute did you two make that?" he points to Din and Xi'an. "If not you then you-" he points at you and you give him a look. "Right you're human. What is it like a pet or something?"

"Something like that." Din says

"Didn't take you for the type. Maybe that code of yours has made you soft." Xi'an teases.

Mayfeld picks up the child and plays around pretending to drop him, making both you and Din flinch. Mayfeld laughs with a smirk, then Zero calls down from the cockpit. You were dropping out of hyperspace. As the ship lands it shakes violently and you all stumble around. Once It finally lands, you all get up.

Din stands opening the hatch in the floor. He looks down. Below you could see the prison ship's hallways. Everyone looks at Mayfeld.

"It's me?" he asks

"Always you." Burg nods

Mayfeld pokes his head out along with his blaster, making sure the coast was clear. He comes back up then hops down. Xi'an follows, then Burg. Din turns to you letting you go.

"I don't like this." you slide your helmet on

"I know. But we have to." he shrugs and hops down.

You hop down after him taking out your blasters. You catch up with everyone else and hear Mayfeld talking.

"When we engage those droids they're gonna be all over us."

"I know the drill." Din says

You all run down the hall, as quietly as possible. As you pass by the cells, prisoners stare out at you making you feel uneasy.

"I don't like this." Din says

"You always were paranoid." Xi'an says

"Is that true Mando? Were you always paranoid?" Mayfeld asks mockingly.

You run into a new hallway and everyone hides between indents in the walls by the cells. A small droids comes down the hall, and everyone points their blasters and Xi'an prepares her knives.

"What?" Burg says walking out "It's just a little mousey." he walks towards it trying to touch it.

"I wouldn't-" you start

"Burg." Mayfeld says in a stern tone.

The droid starts driving away down the hall and Burg gets mad. He takes his blaster and shoots it.

"What the hell?" you step out

"No! Burg what're you doing?" Mayfeld yells

"What?" Burg turns around, and behind him droids come running down the hall.

"Intruder alert. Open fire." one commands and you all hide again.

"Get back!" you yell

"We're too exposed here!" Xi'an says looking around.

"If they get the signal out, it's not gonna matter." Mayfeld says and everyone starts shootings at the droids.

"Mando! Let's go. Yorker supposed to be something special." he turns back to where Din was, but he's gone. "I knew it. I knew it!"

You groan and step out shooting at the droids, their shots hitting your armor a few times. You run and kick one down, then shoot it in the chest. You look down the hall to see Din coming from behind.

He takes out a knife and slides down, cutting one of the droids legs. He then kicks the droid in front of him and as it's falling you shoot it.

"Behind you!" you point and he quickly turns shooting a droid behind him.

One droids stands and starts walking towards Din, while he was fighting off another. You blast it once, then elbow it's head, then shoot it again as it falls down. Din rips one of the droids arms off and throws it at another. He throws his grappling hook at one of their heads, pulling it off.

You look back at Mayfeld who seemed to be holding back Burg and Xi'an. Two more droids come walking down the hallway and Din quickly sends the fire from his wrists and you grab one of their arms, shooting it and pulling it off. You kick the other down and stab the arm through it. You pick up your blasters, panting, and look at Din standing up from the ground.

"Make sure you clean up your mess." Mayfeld says walking past you.

You sigh and take a minute before you and Din run to catch up with them. You reach a control room and wait outside the door. Mayfeld yells through the coms to Zero to get the door open.

The door slides open to a man pointing his blaster. "Stop! Just...stop..right there! You put your blasters down right now." he says