V

When you finally arrive at the ship, it's completely dark out. Kuiil begins setting a few strings up while you stare out at the sky.

"There's no way we're going to get this to work without a full maintenance facility. This is gonna take days to fix." Mando says with a sigh

"If you care to help, it might go faster." You turn to see Kuiil turn on a bright light. "There is much work to do."

You all work on the ship for quite a while. You hardly notice the time pass, busy at work. But, once you are finished, you relax and lay up against a rock.

"Where'd you learn to do repairs like that?" Mando asks, walking to you

"Past work."

"Like what?"

"There are thing about me you won't know. My past, is one of them."

Mando nods and walks over to Kuiil. They have a conversation but your too tired to try and listen in. You almost fall asleep, but are awoken by Mando. He helps you up and you bo to head into the ship.

He starts up the shop and you watch as you leave the planet.

"Goodbye Kuiil." you whisper to yourself "Where are we headed?" you speak up

"Back to Nevarro. How's he doing?"

"Still sleeping."

Mando sighs and turns to see a hologram message pop up. You turn to look at it and see Greef Karga. You roll your eyes and decide not to pay attention to it. The child was slowly waking up and sitting in his capsule.

Once the message ends you look at Mando. "What was that about?"

The child climbs up by the controls and grabs onto a small knob.

"They're ready for when we get there." he turns to the child "Not a toy." he grabs the ball out of his hands and screws ur back on.

You laugh quietly as Mando sets him into his capsule. "Hey." you place your hand on Mando's shoulder

"Yeah?" he turns

"Promise me you'll let me get you fixed up after this. I cant leave my partner all injured with no treatment."

"Sure. Are you a nurse or something?"

He was clearly joking, but it brought back some me memories for you.

"No. Not exactly. But I have helped treat the wounded. I'd say I do a pretty good job."

-

"Easy with that." Mando snaps at the stormtrooper reaching for the child's capsule

You and Mando had landed on Nevarro. Honestly, you weren't super happy to be back. It was a wreck of a planet that's for sure. It was like ordered chaos in a way. The stormtroopers were still there. Just constantly reminding you of the Empire. At the moment you were being escorted back to the client.

"Yes. Yes, yes, yes." the Client smiles, rising from his table

He and the doctor rush over and look down at the child laying in the capsule. They admire him and examine him.

"Very healthy." the doctor comments

"Your reputation was not unwarranted." the client says taking his seat once again

"How many fobs did you give out?" Mando asks, hesitating to sit.

"The asset was of extreme importance to me. I had to ensure it's delivery. But to the winner.."

"We got attacked. More than once." you state

"I'm very sorry to hear that." he hesitates, then continues to pull out a camtono. He places it onto the table and opens it up.

"Such a large bounty for such a small package."

The camtono was filled with Beskar. Filled. You hadn't seen this much since..ever. The Beskar your armor is made of was barely anything but scraps.

"What are your plans for it?" Mando asks

You look up from the Beskar to see the doctor taking the child into a back room. You felt bad for him. The child. They could hurt him and you wouldn't even know. You turn back to the client. You wanted to protest them using him for science. But it was too late. Mando has already grabbed the camtono and was pulling your arm to leave.

You walk out in silence. Mando still carried the Beskar. You assumed he was headed to the tunnels again. You sigh while walking down the street. You couldn't do this. You can't leave him. You stop in your tracks, causing mando to stop too. He lets go of your arm and turns.

"What?"

"Are we really going to leave him?" you ask and mando says nothing "It's a child. We have no idea what they'll do to him."

"I know."

"What kind of experiments. That guys a damn doctor, he'll probably do tests on him."

"Exactly." mando turns back and continues to walk

"I'm sorry?" you follow him

"He's a doctor. The child is in good hands."

"But how do you know that-"

Mando cuts you off by stopping and pulling your arm. You stare up at him as he pulls you close. His grip was strong. Angry in a way.

"Enough worrying." he says sternly

He drops your arm and you let out a deep breath. He walks down into the tunnels and you follow shortly.