06

chapter six

nuts!

⊱ ────── .⋅ ❈ ⋅. ────── ⊰

🌌

THE CROWD was overwhelming. Lisa felt the lukewarm wind of the dark graze with anticipation against her glassy skin. Kino's parents' house was the definition of elegance. Intimidating black glass windows, beige walls and pure white overlapping the nearby houses of the village. Outside, they watched people interact, shout and dance and the decent wildness of the party being thrown before them. The rooftop was no exception.

Lisa urged Yugyeom to take the lead inside and took his strong arms, practically clinging on him with her full weight. Though, Yugyeom did not complain much fuss about the circumstances, nearly spoiling her all night through her mood swings. "I invited my girlfriends, too. Hope you don't mind, Gyeomie."

"What the fuck?" Yugyeom ceased walking, intentionally jerking his shoulder to jab Lisa on her chin that was resting on it. "You can't just invite people Kino did not invite. You know he'll be bitching over it. You should ask him the permission yourself, not to me."

Her glare was hellish. "You're such a jerk. You're closer with Kino than me!"

"But I wasn't the one who invited your girl friends!"

"I don't care about that. Whatever." Her steps came with heavy thuds against the cement pathway, advancing away from Yugyeom.

The cuss he let out sounded like a bullet train hitting a gushing dam, flipping the tips of his hair out from his aquiline nose. Face hot like a sauna, Lisa never made a turn of head to look back. The girl was slipping, but not farther enough to dodge his clutch on her waist to carry and retrieve her back on his safe zone. "You stay close to me."

Barely fighting, she was holding a smile to escape. "NO, you stay away."

"Lisa."

There is only a night to kill, so a little bicker might not delay their plan. Successfully detaching herself from his arms, Lisa ran into the scream of the revelry and slid the door open with a chortle. Her glowing visage was breaking at the sight of the girl she was not looking forward to see at the given moment.

"Oh, Yugyeom! Thought you won't show up." Tzuyu announced, sauntering passed the unmoving Lisa to engage Yugyeom with a tight embrace. Her posh perfume dance through their nostrils and Lisa nearly coughed in abhorrence, dreading to rip her perfect glossy hair along with the black silk dress she wore.

Lisa's glare was like a force of a blackhole, sucking the light out of Tzuyu's head within his line of sight. Yugyeom stood there, frozen on his spot. "I didn't know you'll be here either."

"Kino said you'll be here present here tonight so, of course I'm here." She even made her voice all sweet and peachy towards Yugyeom.

What a bitch.

Waiting no second to spare, Lisa left the façade and rushed inside the louder part of the house-where artificial lights couldn't blind her, the noises couldn't deaf her nor where she couldn't speak no nonsense language. With that, another wall of defense has been built.