01

chapter one

the runaway!

⊱ ────── .⋅ ❈ ⋅. ────── ⊰

🌌

SHARP SEVEN IN THE EVENING, when Yugyeom had decided to sat by at the terrace. Lavender skies started to gloom in its prevailing wonder. And the mahogany bench beneath him felt sturdy, thoroughly disregarded how quaint the seat is already. He watched a parked car, unloading a familiar figure at the front of their unit.

Seohyun. His brother's fiancé held her hand up to greet him. Yugyeom acknowledged her presence, recalling that this is what Kyuhyun had issued to him in the first place. To pay her courtesy and usher the lady in for dinner. She is no stranger to him to be frank. Seohyun stood like his sister who offered him baked goods whenever she paid a visit to their common home.

Yugyeom offered a warm smile, pushing his hair away from his eyes. "Another star cookies?"

"No. I made Turkish Delight." She laughed. Yugyeom took her handcraft basket filled with delectable desserts for later. "And other sweets you liked."

"No nuts?"

"Oh, I wouldn't dare. No peanuts for you, young man." Seohyun gave him a look and opened the front door. And it was his turn to grin behind her.

He's allergic to many foods which are too trivial to mention. All the members of the family noted it seriously. Shrimp, beans, or sometimes even eggs if he consumed too much. But occasionally, he would just shrug the thought of it and just eat. But nuts are hard to dust off in his condition. Other than that, he's healthy and would sleep like a bear. He hated it when Seohyun would squish his cheeks like he gathered a layer of fat on it when there's actually none. He had a thin face.

"Hey, you're early." Kyuhyun was at the kitchen counter and enveloped his girl with kisses, completely shunning Yugyeom.

"Wow, you prepared Japanese cuisine? I thought you loathes them?" She watches Kyuhyun when he broke the hug and moved to wash a forgotten ingredient.

"Yeah. But you liked it. I might start liking it for you." And started to slide to her side to give her exposed neck a sweet peck.

"Fuck it lovebirds, I'm outta here." He turned to his back with no second thought and heard Seohyun giggling. He would rather watch those disgusting teen movie flicks than to witness his brother caressing his fiancé. Before Yugyeom could get to the other room, Seohyun uttered something that stopped him from his tracks.