07

chapter seven

adrenaline shots!

⊱ ────── .⋅ ❈ ⋅. ────── ⊰

🌌

"I WAS EATING MIXED NUTS!"

Lisa practically flew away from his clutch, mouth partly open and her cold palm was placed to conceal the shock out of her. Something flashed in her sight. She looked at Yugyeom—with such guilt, the same as if she killed him in her own hands intentionally. Yugyeom spits out the remaining chewed peanuts that initially came from her mouth.

"Oh my god. Yugyeom. Y-your allergies. You are allergic to them. Oh my god." Mumbling, she reminded herself that sentiment more than to him. And deliberately throws the can of mixed nuts into the open yard like it was made of gurgling lava. "Fucking peanuts!"

"But I don't think I swallowed them." His sigh dwells deeper than a trench, eyes meeting hers as she launched forward and opens the flash from her phone, petting his waves of hair.

   Yugyeom could tell a hint of watery eyes in her fretted face, reminding of those days when they were years younger. The foulest days of her life—her parents' first massive fight—her, starting to skip some days at school—Lisa telling him she was wide awake at night crying over her dad with another family. It pains him to see her like this than the possible Anaphylaxis that he is going to deal at the moment.

"Oh my god. Your face starting to get red." she freaks out, her eyes wandering from his forehead to his neck.

"My lips feel numb, and my tongue—I think they're swelling a bit." Yugyeom could feel his throat starting feel something too.

"Tell me what to do. I cannot think straight when I am troubled and nervous. Oh, god." The hands on his hair ran down to his wide shoulders. With trembling hands, all she could think of was how stupid of her to eat nuts next to a person that is practically a time bomb. She will be an instant corpse the moment Yugyeom's family is going to see her.

"Hey," There was such gentleness when Yugyeom lands his hand on top of hers, eyes of still waters like she was looking into an unknown ocean that will take over what Lisa has left. With that alone—she knew of the mess that she has created. "L-listen, I'm okay."

"You can't even breathe properly!" Lisa wanted to push him away to made him realize this is not the right time to unwind. "What usually happens when you have allergy attack?"

"I don't remember, I was only 2 the last time something happened like this." His voice started to get unclear, like a murmur with a mouth full of gums.

Within a beat, Yugyeom was coughing out a cuss. "Okay, I lied. My throat's ballooning."

"Yugyeom, you idiot!" Lisa cried, holding on to the hem of his shirt like a lifeline. "You shouldn't have kissed me!"

He moved forward an inch closer and places his head on top of her shoulder. Like a huge baby koala on his way to take a nap. "You don'th like ith?"

Her wind swam into the seven seas, searching, thinking—until a hope flashes before her eyes and urged him to follow her. "In your car, let's go. You must have an Adrenaline injection that you keep, right? An Emerade? EpiPen?"

"Ofh courshe you'dth know abouth my epinephrine injhecthion." he tried to say, nearly tumbling out of the exit of his friend's backyard. Lisa practically dragged him with her until they reached the area where he parked his pick-up.

"Just shut up and stay breathing for me. We need your pen immediately to reverse the reaction."

Rushing into the glove compartment—she distinctly remembers where she last saw it when rummaging through his things. Lisa popped it open and went back to where Yugyeom's back was pressed against the hood of the car—eyes closing to calm himself.

"Where should I penetrate it? Your upper arm? Thigh?" Her panic ran up double times before.

"Thigh."

No time to react, Lisa unbuckled his belt, undid the button, and rolled down his jeans until it ends at his knee, leaving his upper lower clad only in his black boxers. She places the tip of the pen perpendicular to his middle thigh and pushes the auto-injector until they heard a click. She counted three seconds and waits for whatever that will come next.

"Fuck..." Yugyeom let out the most audible breath and that was the time Lisa could probably breathe fine too, like a weight fell off from her shoulder. Next thing he knew, she punches his knee and stood up to give him a treaty glare.

"If this happened again, I'll be leaving you dead in a ditch."

Flipping his longer hair out his forehead, he smiles and fixes his jeans to make himself decent. Her face was even red, when she looked away to sulk, cheeks damp from her drying tears.

"You are my hero, Lalisa Manoban." Yugyeom yanks her towards his waiting arms and held her to greet Lisa a warm embrace. Closing her eyes—she thought nothing like an allergy attack to come for him to kiss her. Does that mean, it wasn't one-sided?

"Shut the fuck up, you nearly died. And it's my fault for chewing nuts beside a person who was allergic to nuts his whole life. And the next thing I knew, you kissed me, and then you can't breathe! How is that me, being a hero to you?"

He cups her face with both of his hands, warming her up away from the sudden algid breeze of the night. "Because you are YOU. No one else is like you."

Rolling her eyes, he saw a hint of blush coming from her. "You're demented."

Lisa hated how easy for her to fall for that—she even forgot how jealous she was of Tzuyu. The asphalt beneath her shoes seems softer, the night seems lighter. Suddenly—all is well. Like she have a great life ahead of her. As long as someone will hold her as how Yugyeom did now, it might be a good life after all.

He asks, "Did Seohyun told you about that? About how to take my allergy shots?"

"Your brother Kyuhyun did." She watches his face to see how he reacts, but he barely made a reaction out of it.

"Can I kiss you again?"

"Not immediately, of course." She scoffed, burying herself to his chest.

"After you brush your teeth. Yeah, sure. I'm fine with that." Then, he received another tight punch on his rib, laughing at her gremlin behavior from his tease.