05

chapter five

fitful dinner!

⊱ ────── .⋅ ❈ ⋅. ────── ⊰

🌌

THE KIMBAP and Sundubu-jjigae served by their table along with the five side dishes tasted bland for Lisa. The apparent smokes coming from the grill would occassionally block her nose and she'd coughed out of nowhere, adding more ember to her rising atonement to Tzuyu.

The green-eyed monster is on its roll again, it is suffocating like a swamp of alligators, lurking and plotting her downfall. It might be silent, a deafening silence of petty jealousy is louder than a holler. She's a prisoner with unmanageable issues.

Another fume of smoke hit her face and she wheezed loudly that Yugyeom had laughing comically. "Stop chasing the smokes, crazy."

"The smokes keep on chasing me, not me chasing after the smoke, jerkface!" Lisa was fanning the smoke out, while digging some wet wipes from her bag to dab an unhelpful moisture to her drying epidermis. The ocean breeze was totally  unnecessary at this despairing time.

"How's the food?" They were seated on a translucent chair glass, looks delicate but the restaurant's manager assured them it is as tough as a redwood. Yugyeom was quite enjoying the entertainment infront of him, thinking he wouldn't miss it for anything. "This a hella expensive restaurant so you better enjoy them."

Nearby fountains should've provided contentment in her current jet-black heart, the warm lights glowing could lift up her mood in mirth within a second. The place was spectular with no forceful thoughts, yet her mind was elsewhere in a storm.

A lanky waiter served their drinks, and left grinning with a tip coming from Yugyeom—that nearly melted all Lisa's desperate vexation, but still. In a beat, she muttered out the bane.

"Then you better get rid of Tzuyu,"

Yugyeom did not quite get on earshot what Liza whispered on the air, and his brows furrowed attractively. "I'm sorry what–"

"I said, your bitch of a crush Tzuyu followed me on Instagram!" Her chopsticks clattered on her plate while discarding it, intending to make it pointed out that she's a  real deal, that all hell will break loose. She's a mess for him and it speaks louder than his lion heart.

"I don't see any problem with that." He turned his profile on her, cutting a glance to the steady seaside with flickering lights from the boats on the far side of the dock."There is no reason for you to hate her. I told you, she's just a friend and you're acting such a fucking brat."

"Fuck it, so what?" she spat.

He needed to find repose, or else he might pull out the last straw and brought damnation. Yugyeom was trying his grand not to ruin this dinner, but she was testing him."Lisa..."

             “I don’t want her near me or whatever it is that involves her, okay? She pisses me off!” Her cheeks were tickled pink, glaring at the expensive table cloth of polyester.

           “And I also do not want us to talk about her! Do you understand that? Just please…” The glass chair squeaked against the granite floor when Yugyeom moved further back to spare Lisa a tight stare. His eyes were lusterless in her sight. “Let’s just talk about something else, I don’t want to get mad at you over petty stuffs. Please.”

           A trivial minute of muteness between them emerged, Lisa was now slowly stirring her soup with unconscious motivation. They heard the wind sighing in the bushes—imitating what he wanted to react. But he can’t risk any profanities to flow out his foul mouth to drop on Lisa, he figured she might never listen to him anymore. So, at this moment he needs to be there at her side. To act as her anchor, a fucking baby-sitter to her brat ass. Her bastard of a best friend.

           “Let’s just the talk about something else instead.” He raked his hair up to avoid the tip of his hair from kissing his eyes.

           “I want us to go at Kino’s party tonight.” Lisa pouted, eyebrows drawing together with a steady scowl at her food.

           “He invited you, too?” Yugyeom smirked. A heartbeat later before she could utter a witty response, he approved it whole-heatedly. “Sure, we can go.”

           “Good, or else I won’t finish this overdramatic expensive dinner you offered.”

           “Good.”

           With that, they both grinned in a graze of calm.

🌌

BOTH SATIATED AT DINNER, they sank at the car’s passenger seat whereas Lisa informed him to change first into something less slack before arriving at the party. They only have a day before the travel schedule to the summer country of their escape destination, so there is still less than 24 hours to recover from a hangover.

Lisa lifted off the hoodie without even asking him to turn around for privacy. Such spunk of a lady. As a gentleman that he proclaimed, of course he sheered his sight to the passing cars outdoor through the tinted car window. “Jesus fucking Christ—”

“Oh, shut up. You know what to do.” She undeniably put a blush on his charming face on resolution, no need to deny.

When she was rummaging the contents of her maroon backpack, curiosity piked at him and stare at her figure. Clad only with her tight jeans, a midnight black bralette, Yugyeom knew what she was up to. Then he noticed a familiar bloodshot-colored jersey on her grasp, putting it on with a determined smile.

“So, what do you think?”

“Is that my fucking jersey shirt?” He shook his head, narrowing his eyes with interrogation. “And your bra is fucking showing, cover it up.”

“Where’s the fun in that?” She was putting on some faint blush-on, completely shunning all his words of protest.

“When did I gave you my jersey? I don’t remember giving it to you.”

Lisa chuckled, some glitters were shining against her cheeks as she slapped his arm playfully, opening up the car door at the same time. “That’s right, because I stole it.”