LIVE WITH YOU

chapter twelve

found!

⊱ ────── .⋅ ❈ ⋅. ────── ⊰

🌌

[dreaming]

A BOAT. An old rowboat were beneath them. Looking as fragile as if it was made up of paper, floating in the unlighted. As far as his eyes could meet, Yugyeom sees the impeccable ocean, glooming with a sunless horizon.

The water around them was unmoving. Not even a single waver could amend its peacefulness. Out of any battles. It is calm—far from his racing heart.

When he looked up, it was a midnight sky. Stars flickering in a boundless light, billions miles away, not enough to lit up the whole place he was in.

The white polo and beige trousers he is wearing seems lighter than any clothes he owns. Familiar and loose. He stares at the ocean again—realizing he was lost. Lost in the overcast.

He can't figure out the line separating the sky and the ocean.

A soft thud. Yugyeom hears a shift of feet in the wooden boat. And he turn around to his back to face it. A girl. Clad in a white article, smiling. Touching the tip of her fingers to reach the cold water. It creates a small wave—spreading, running, wavering further . Ruining it's perfect calm.

Yugyeom couldn't talk. It's like a strong force were restricting him to move. To talk. He got no other option but to only gaze. A sight that he wouldn't want to trade with anything.

The girl that he's been missing for years was right in front of him. Glowing. A pretty personification of a moonless night.

She beams, splashing the water to play it. Lisa suddenly raises her hands up, watches the stars in between her fingers.

"Now look at us, we're like the night sky."

🌌

A PILLOW LANDING ON HIS FACE woke Yugyeom up. Seohyun shows up unannounced in his messy room full of unfinished miniature buildings.

"Fuck!" He cursed wholeheartedly.

Morning birds were already knocking on his window—not waking him up, but the fact that they just couldn't detect glass.

The other day, a house sparrow collided into his window. Just the day he moved back after a short leave from work. He was recruited in a family company that his brothers' were managing for years. Connection had its perks to land a job after passing the licensure exam.

She rolled the curtain on the other side of his bedroom to welcome the comforting warmth of sun ray. The old room hasn't changed, from the pecan interior to his vinyl record collections. His old stuffs screams nostalgia. "Are you hibernating again? It's almost time. We'll be leaving in an hour!"

"Leaving where?"

"A collaborative project with your brothers! Isn't that why were going to Thailand? What, you're still sleep-talking?" Seohyun frets.

His head snap towards the wall clock, reading the time, 6:01 AM. "Shit, of course."

Thailand. Yugyeom accepted the offer to join the collaboration just because he has a reason why he wants to go there. In hopes to see Lisa again.