11 Animal Sanctuary (1/4)

"This way every creature," Fluttershy announced to a group of young creatures entering through a luscious arch of greenery. What welcomed them was an amalgam of nature. Palm trees spouted near small canyons and rain forests.

The young creatures stood dazzled at the menagerie of animals roaming the grounds and lakes. Toucans and flamingos perched around a bridge where rabbits and otters crossed. Giraffes feasted on treetops where koalas and chimpanzees groomed each other.

A flock of red robins perched on Fluttershy's back, chirping a tune. "Oh my," Fluttershy said. "You all are so ecstatic to see me. Was I gone for too long?"

The graceful sight became sullied by a groan. "Seriously, why must Trixie devote precious time to this? Trixie had a spa reserved for today."

"I'm so sorry for becoming an inconvenience," Fluttershy apologized. "When Ocellus left to check on Thorax's health, I was worried that would have to delay the event for the students. I appreciate it so much that you donated your time for this."

Trixie let out a haughty chortle. "Yes, well, Trixie is a generous mare. Though Starlight may be callous of other pony's time, Trixie does not make a habit of disappointing her students."

Among the group of students, Luster gave wild coos at diverse critters dashing past her. Her eyes sparkled like a shining star. "This place has everything. Oh please, please, please, let there be a piglet."

"Jeez," a black griffon snickered at Luster's side. "What is this obsession you have for piglets?"

"How do you not, Georgia?" Luster questioned her friend. "Don't you understand the cuteness of their small size and dainty eyes that hunger for love and affection?"

"You probably shouldn't ask that from a griffon. Something tells me you would start a complete revolution."

"Okay, then what is that you see as a fitting pet?"

"Probably something exotic," Georgia answered. "It's got to be a creature that none of our classmates will get."

"Ah, so you and Wist have the same thing in mind."

Georgia arched an eyebrow. "Say what now?"

Luster pointed to a direction where Georgia discovered Wist picking through animals with her magic. The changeling scanned the critters with analytical eyes before tossing them aside with a disappointed grunt.

"No," Wist said before tossing aside a squirrel. The critter waved its balled fist at the changeling before fleeing into a forest. "Come one, there's got to be a good one around here."

"Wisteria," Wist dropped a raccoon when she heard Fluttershy's call. "Please be mindful of their personal space. You're startling them."

"Yeah, Wist," Luster said. "We just got here. There's no need to rush to find your perfect familiar."

"Familiar?" Georgia questioned.

"Ever since Wist heard about the adoption event, she's been nonstop about deciding the ideal pet for a witch."

Georgia snorted. "I doubt Mrs. Fluttershy has any animal that could match the chaos that is Wist. She should just settle for a black cat."

Luster frowned. "Georgia, you at least have to give her a chance."

"If you two are done with your little chat," Wist spoke. "I still have evaluations to make." Wist walked towards the entrance of a thick rain forest but was flanked by a teleported Trixie.

"And where do you think you're going under Trixie's careful watch?" The counselor asked.

"Finding something to adopt," Wist answered matter-of-factly, passing her counselor nonchalantly. "Duh.

Trixie's students gawked at her for a response. She simply shrugged. "Oh well, Trixie has done all she can."

"Seriously?" Georgia questioned. "You're not even going to try to stop her?"

"Oh yes, Trixie should definitely impede a creature capable of competing against an alicorn," Trixie sarcastically said. "Trixie is certain that will go well."

"Please play nice to them," Fluttershy raised her voice for Wist to hear. The changeling waved back a hoof before disappearing into the forest.

"We all she's going to stir trouble around here, right?" Georgia said.

"Wist isn't that much of a troublemaker," Luster said. "...well, I doubt she will be here. She's simply picking out through animals, what's the worst she could do?"

Georgia grinned. "Wanna bet?"

"...No thanks."