10 Candy Shop (2/5)

Starlight Glimmer craned her head after being welcomed to yet another troublesome of a certain student of hers. "Are you intentionally trying to make this an everyday ritual of ours?"

"Hello to you too," Wist said and then sat before the Headmare's desk. "Might I say that you're looking dashing today."

"I would be happier with the pleasantries if you had stayed in your class like you were supposed to. Is it really so hard for you to just behave yourself?"

"What?" Wist blurted. "And stick around for that boring spiel about some reading?"

"What's wrong with the reading?" Ocellus questioned Wist from behind. "Did you even read it?"

"Of course not," Wist stated matter-of-factly. "Why would a silly story about some romance between a rich stallion and a donkey benefit me in any way?"

"The core of the story is to show that bonds can transcend social status," Ocellus answered. "No matter what walk of life you had, you can still spark a relationship with any creature. In the case of this story, love."

"Yeah, and that helps me how?"

Ocellus sighed. "It's a chance for you to participate in a conversation with your classmate, which would help to break the ice with them."

Wist snickered at Ocellus's argument. "No thanks. I don't see any use in befriending those critters whatsoever. My time would be way more productive at Apple Bloom's class."

"You didn't even give it a chance," Ocellus argued. "You can't just denounce it without trying."

"She's right you know," Starlight concurred. "Besides, I can't let you attend Apple Bloom's class."

"And why not?" Wist narrowed her eyes at the Headmare. "If I had a cutie mark, it would clearly be related to potion-making. You can't take that away from me."

"May I remind you that you used that talent of yours to lay destruction in my school and harm a number of creatures. No creature will walk with an eased mind if they can't trust you around potions."

Wist crossed her hooves together and pouted. "And why should I care how they feel. It's not like they would ever trust me anyway."

Knock knock.

The thudded sound of the door interrupted the conversation. "Come in," Starlight announced. Entering the room came Luster Dawn, passing her sight upon all the creatures inside. "Can I help you?"

"I'm sorry for intruding like this," Luster apologized. "But I overheard you talking about how Wist is not allowed to attend the potion making class."

"I don't appreciate you listening in to our conversation." Starlight eyed at Luster. "But yes, that is correct."

Luster approached the Headmare's desk, standing by Wist's side. "And this is because Wist is untrustworthy in the eyes of creatures at School, right? Well, what if Wist was somehow able to earn their trust?"

"You think creatures will change their opinion about me so easily?" Wist chuckled. "Aren't you the naive one."

"They will if you make an effort." Luster looked at Wist with an unrelenting gaze. Despite the mask Wist held on her face, it did rattle her a tinge. "It's obvious it won't happen in one day, but with time, I'm sure you can prove to every creature that you're a changeling we can have faith in. And I'm willing to help with that."

"Are you serious?" Wist stared baffled at her roommate's claim.

"I think it's worth a try," Ocellus spoke. "It's far too soon to think of it as an impossibility."

"You can't be serious?" Wist questioned.

"They're quite right," Starlight said. "We would have to come to this eventually. Might as well start now."

"Hold on." Wist waved her hooves. "You all know this is me you're talking about, right? Do yall honestly think they any of them would truly like me?"

"Trust me, we know very well how you are." Ocellus walked over to Wist and placed a hoof on her shoulder. "But despite that, we have faith that it will all work out in the end."

"That makes no sense whatsoever," Wist grumbled. "But I can see that there's no out of this, is there?"

"We'll start off with the creatures here in Ponyville you have wronged the most," Starlight stated. "Lucky for you, it's only a list of three."

"Oh joy," Wist sarcastically cheered. "That's just wonderful news."

"Those three being Smolder, Ocellus, and Diamond Tiara."

Wist fake smile unraveled fast into an anxious frown. "The dragon? I don't think forgiving me would be the first thing running in her mind."

"Don't worry," Ocellus assured Wist. "I know Smolder and she wouldn't try to hurt you. But if it makes you feel better, I'll have a talk with her."

"It's okay Wist," Luster said. "I'll be right by your side through the whole. Trust me, this will all be worth it."