15 Monster Brawl (4/6)

A cragadile chased Applebloom down the street of Ponyville. She looked back at its sharp jaw opening wide to snatch her legs.

She cut into another street and briefly disappeared from the creature's sight. It followed her to the next street but paused when it stepped upon a glowing glyph on the ground.

A black flame consumed the cragadile and disappeared as soon as it appeared, leaving the cragadile unharmed yet dazed. It sprawled to the ground, limp and lethargic.

"That was some fine work there, Wist," Applebloom commented, emerging from a barrel leaned against a building.

Wist descended from a building and joined Applebloom's side. "Like it? I could show you how it works. But only if you're willing to share something in exchange."

"Not a chance," Wist frowned at the voice of Smolder who descended next to her. "You haven't earned it yet."

A maulwurf then suddenly emerged from the ground. Smolder was quick to breathe flames However, what did the maulwurf in was a large tentacle that drew the maulwurf back into the hole. Smolder and Applebloom stared aghast at what they had witnessed.

"What was that?" Smolder asked. "I don't want to take about Pharynx's odd hate boner for maulwurfs," Wist interjected. "What you and Diamon have me doing is going to take forever. Isn't there like a quicker task you could have me do?"

Applebloom laid a hoof on Wist's shoulder. "Don't worry, Wist. I promise, it'll all be worth it."

"Why? I'd think I proved my worth already. With all the chaos over the week, I should be compensated with something."

"Well, it's not your worth they're looking for. And if you want to talk about compensation, what about that cute little thing over there." Applebloom pointed her hoof behind Wist.

"What thing?" Wist asked and followed the direction of Applebloom's hoof. Her eyes gaped at her pet ursa minor, Snowflake, rushing over to her.

"Snowflake?" Wist blurted. Snowflake jumped up to Wist's chest and gave her those puppy eyes that always found a way to break through her wicked heart. She hugged him and stroked the back of his head. "Why are you here? Didn't I leave you with Ms. Autumn?"

"Not to ruin your reunion," Smolder said. "But we have another bugbear coming our way. A big one at that."

A bugbear had emerged from an intersection and flew towards the group. It let out a roar that rung through their ears.

"It must feel confident because of its size," Wist said. "Well, how about I sap all of that away."

Wist's horn lit a green light and shot into Snowflake. The ursa minor became consumed in green light that expanded high and wide upon the street.

When the light dissipated, Snowflake stood gigantic in its original size. The bugbear came to a complete halt, horrified by the sheer size of Snowflake. And when Snowflake let a screeching roar, the bugbear scurried away fast.

"Hah, serves you right," Wist rejoiced.

Snowflake then rubbed his head onto Wist. She clutched onto him and rubbed his head. "I knew you'd be the perfect familiar."

"Bugbears, cragadiles, bufogrens," Smolder listed. "Just how many more are going to come out to the woodwork?"

"Well, there's a hydra over there if you're looking for something new," Applebloom said, pointing towards a large hydra skimming through town.

"When did that get here!?"

Wist ascended atop Snowflake for a higher view of the hydra. She discovered the creature chasing Luster, who was dashing through the streets and teleported whenever it lunged one of its many heads at her.