denki k. | fluFFY

DENKI ONESHOT :: BIT-BY-BIT BOUQUET

Slightly related to the hanahaki disease, it isn't sad I swear

[ꕥ SUMMARY ꕥ]

A determined victim of unrequited love meets a person from a flower shop whom he'd acquainted.

[ ꕥꕥꕥ ]

   Ring!~

   The door's chime rang, your head perked up from facing the pool of blooming roses before you. Your eyes, filled with anticipation looked to see whoever walked inside your dainty flower shop.

  "Morning, how may I help you today, sir?"

   Whoever you greeted, swung his head at your direction from across the clear glass door. It was a boy, one with bright yellow hair which you surely couldn't miss, moreover, a black streak that laid over one of his bangs, to which you honestly found adorable.

   You rushed back behind your desk to wait for his reply.

   "Uhm..." His hand reached the back of his head, eyes rolling to look at his side.

   "What...What flowers do you give a person?"

   Your hands clasped together, lips smirking with excitement.

   "Well, do you know what this lucky person likes?"

   His fingers pressed against his forehead as his teeth gritted with slight panic, "I— I don't know, they don't even talk about flowers,"

   You sighed, "I kind of meant, well, their personality perhaps? Hobbies?"

   You notice the boy's face light up by the end of your words, "Ah, well,"

   They smiled brightly, "They're not like any other, uh-uh, not that type of person you just find walking down the street—"

   "—Well, they're not really one to show any interest in romance, but that wont be stopping me— they're hella attractive, sometimes they can be a bit—"

   You smiled while silently listening to this boy ramble about who knows who, well, they seem to have found joy in it, and you liked seeing the somewhat passionate look on their face, so you let him be.

   Speaking of passionate, that glisten in his eyes shined by it before it disappeared, from...

   Cough...

   His hand flew to his mouth, cutting off his train of devoted words.

   His chest puffed, eyes soon watering with faint droplets.

   The boy's hand gently pulled away from his face. Palm exposed, eyes staring below, you caught a glimpse of curiosity, and stepped back upon seeing—

   Soft, luscious little petals of blue irises laid innocently at the palm of his hand.

   'A flower that could mean hope...'