shinsou h. | mcfluffy

SHINSO X READER :: LULLABY

[ꕥ SUMMARY ꕥ]

A lullaby that was only used to make Hitoshi fall asleep seemed to have evolved into something more than just a solution for insomnia.

[ ꕥꕥꕥ ]

[Surname] [Name], listen to the tune of her / his / their voice and you'll fall asleep the second it rings in your ears.

   A certain someone always found that as an advantage— Shinsou Hitoshi that is, a.k.a. the man who doesn't get a single blink of sleep a.k.a. your one and only love.

"Same lullaby?"

"Yeah,"

You sat on his bed, legs flailed across the sheets as Shinsou slowly leaned his head on your shoulder.

You smiled, turning to him as your hand made its way through his lavender-hued locks.

"You know, this kinda makes me feel like I'm your parent or something,"

His eyes fluttered close, his features softening as a light gust of air escaped his nose.

"Shut up," he replied in a mumble as his lips formed a withered smile.

You chuckled as you tilted your head to face the ceiling, taking a moment before you began humming the tune he always liked.

It was light, ethereal, something he could fall asleep to without you even using your quirk.

The more he heard every second of it, the more he fell in love with it's flowic rhythm.

The way it rang in his ears, he loved it.

He wished he could hear it through the whole night, and not just for a mere moment.

He wished the consciousness could stay in his head for just a little longer, just to hear its sound.

But boy is it damn near impossible.

Slowly, your voice echoed, his mind cleared of thoughts, his heart beating a steady pace as he drifted into a calm slumber.

Soft & stable breaths whipped through his parted lips, every pinch of tension leaving his face as a calm and relaxed expression took over his features.

You looked down, still softly humming the tune as you admired the face of the boy peacefully asleep beside you.

Smiling, you slowly placed your head atop his, his whiffs of purple strands gently tickling your skin.

The sound of your humming came to an end, and a light sigh escaped your lips.

Your eyelids dragged themselves down, sheltering your tired eyes.

"Goodnight Shinsou," you whispered.

9:54 pm, currently in Shinsou's dorm, the two of you in his bed wrapped around in sheets as a bright light emitted around the rather dark room.

"What's that for?" Shinsou questioned from behind you, his arms wrapped around your waist, his chin resting on your shoulder as he peeked at the laptop screen.

"Its for this research thing," you replied as the sound of clicking keys on the keyboard accompanied your voice.

Shinsou hummed, continuing to observe whatever was on your screen with curiosity.

"I'm almost done, don't worry, you're gonna get your cuddles soon,"

Shinsou groaned, making you chuckle by his impatience.

A few minutes passed, and it fell silent,

That was, until now,

A familiar melody entertained Shinsou's line of hearing, the very faint sound swam through his ears.

His eyes laid sight on your face, observing the light expression painted amongst it.

Your lips pressed together, the gentle voice escaping from your chords, you seemed to have done this out of habit, since he sensed no trace of your quirk among its sound.

Which meant, he could finally listen to it.

He could finally listen to every second of it without the strain of it drifting away.

He closed his eyes, he smiled, he indulged every second.

The beautiful tune, he finally heard it.

He wished he could listen to it forever, but something made it drift away.

It wasn't your quirk— well, you had no use of it anyway, but rather,

His own sleepiness, one that developed just by the sound of your delicate lullaby.

You felt the grip around your waist flail and a soft tickling sensation against the side of your neck.

Taking your eyes off the screen, you turned to look at the boy, your brows flinching upwards upon noticing the look of calmness he displayed.

"I didn't even use my quirk..." you huffed.

"Did he just get bored?— no, he couldn't sleep that easily,"

Amazed by the effect of your voice, you took Shinsou's now-asleep self as a compliment.

"Sweet dreams," you smiled.

"...Shit wait how am I gonna move."