k. takami | fluff & hes touch starved

[09-01-2022]

Author :: Since the last time I've published in the book--my writing has changed a bit. It may be a bit noticeable, but the most obvious thing will be that I prefer writing in third-person now compared to then, where I usually wrote in second-person.

Oh— and I'll be using gender neutral pronouns from now on instead. I apologize if it bothers you.

Anyways, enjoy!

HAWKS ONESHOT :: WARMTH OF ROSE WATER & YOUR ARMS

[ꕥ SUMMARY ꕥ]

Too tired to even speak something more than a few words, a clingy Keigo Takami can't seem to handle a moment without you by his side.

[ ꕥꕥꕥ ]

"Is the temperature alright?"

   Sinking his body in the warm water flooding the bathtub, Keigo replied with nothing but a nod of his head. His eyes watched as the rose petals floating like lily pads danced around the water, their deep shade of red decorating the crystal-clear liquid.

   [Name] looked at him with pity in their eyes, he seemed much much more tired than the other times they've treated him after his busy days. His face was pulled downwards by a fatigued expression, his lips were nothing but a straight line across his face, and his eyebrows laid its gravity close to his eyelids.

   [Name] was the one that taught him the meaning of rest. It wasn't easy to convince him until [Name] had to give it to him themselves, which didn't bother them much. What was important was that he's treated the way he deserves to be.

   The ways [Name] would give him these little treats would vary. It could be giving him simple massages (his favorites being head & back massages), eating dinner together in bed, wine nights–which were chosen if he was more stressed than tired, and now a latest addition to the list, rose petal baths. Usually, during these treats he'd be one to ramble about what went on in work, or simply sigh out in relief for finally getting the chance to indulge in relaxation, but this time was different.

   Not a single ramble, not a single sigh, just pure silence.

   [Name] knew they shouldn't pester him about what happened either, or more precisely what he even felt, because they knew one thing about Keigo:

   It's that he isn't the best with words.

   How ironic, isn't it? He's very talkative, especially to the people he likes, and would probably be able to present an entire report about a stressful work day...but when it came to the topic of his feelings or what aching emotion is paining his heart, he doesn't even know how to begin.

   "The rose petals match the color of your wings," [Name] said with a smile, softly dragging their hands through the water & swiping a few petals closer to Keigo.

   Again, Keigo nodded, but this time he actually spoke:

   "Yeah, they do."

   [Name] thought in their head whether Keigo said that out of pure guilt for not speaking a word the moment they both stepped into the bathroom, though [Name] didn't want him to feel that way.

   The thing is, they've caught wind of his most recent mission. It was planned long before it'd reached its climax, which was this week, hence why it took quite a heavy toll on Keigo—that and he played a major role in it. Before the climax he was even doing work under the mission for preparations-sake. [Name] could only assume it was something rather heavy.