The rat

<grandson- Blood//Water>

War brings out the worst of people. They put accent on their courage, but, in reality, it makes them all murderers. Some don't think about it too much. They needed to protect their people and that's it. Some regret their actions, but forgive themselvs, knowing it was for a good cause. Some start enjoy doing it. Killing. And there are some, that couldn't save themselvs, so they saved everyone else. They are the ones that make the biggest mistakes, but also the ones that realise what they did wrong. They realise everything.

Theodora hadn't been through war, but she somehow understood how they felt. To loose everything. Wanting to be the one who died. It's easyer to die. You don't have any other options. You just go. Living is the hard part. She fell asleep with these thoughts in her mind.

*after a few days*

Theodora's eyes opened slowly when she heard a knock at her door. She hit the clock off the nightstand as she was trying to grab it to see what time it was. She fell on the floor, right after the clock did. 4 o'clock in the morning. The clock was not ticking anymore, probably from the fall. "It better be important if i broke my clock for this."she thought. She was quite moody in the morning, but she calmed down when she opened the door and saw Remus standing there. He was nervous.

"Come in!"
"You said I can come at any time if I have a problem..."
She could see the guilt on his face for coming like that so she cut him off.
"There's no problem. What happened?"
"You know every secret of this reality, right?"
"Yes"
"And you know about Sirius, right? And Petter. And the marauder's map."
"Oh, so you found out!" She felt releaved that he finally knew. Now, she didn't have be the one to open that subject.
"Yes... I put some pieces together and I found out. Do you think there is a chance he could be saved?"

"I've been following that situation for some time" she said as she went in the bedroom to search for some papers. She came back with a well organised file and put it on the table.
"Sit down!" She said when she saw he was still akwardly standing where she left him.
"Would you like some tea?"
"Yes, that would be lovely, thank you"

They both sat down and started discussing everything she wrote down. She even had newspaper articles from the war.
"It's funny how it's forbidden to bring harmfull potions in the Ministry, but also every trial must take place there. It's almost like a muggle one, except we can actually detect fingerprints" Theodora said sarcasticaly.
He didn't know how to answer to that. He gave her a small smile.

"So, basically, all we need to do is find the rat and the witnesses."
"Yes", she nodded
"I don't know how to thank you enough"
"You don't have what to thank me for. Now, give me a minute ti change and let's go find Charlie Weasly"

~7 minutes later~

Theodora came back wearing a grey jacket and a pair of jeans. It was the first time Remus saw her wearing muggle clothes.

"They fit her perfectly" he thought. In that moment he realised how much he cared about her. He didn't love her, not yet. He glared at her perfech brown hair: it went down to her collar bone, the two very small front sections were shorter and gave her curtain bangs volume. The sections that formed them were as long as her head. They were curvedat the beggining of her cheekbones and the ends faded in her hair. She had an esmerald at her earrings. "Green fits her so well... No! Don't think about her like that! A girl like her could never be with a monster like me. Besides, you need to act proffesional. She's your lawyer now, and your coworker. Control yourself!"

They entered the griffingor common room qiuetly and found the rat on the couch. They both fought the urge to kill it. Remus put a sleeping spell on it and they left the room.
"Wait, how do you know Dumbledore is gonna be in his office? She asked confused after she realised what time it was.
He took out of his pocket a large folded piece of paper. The marauder's map. "You are not the only one that knows stuff." They both laughed.

Albus sat patiently at his desk and listened to them. They transformed Petter into a human and called the minister. Ten minutes later, two aurors were picking up the rat. They had to go to the Ministry too. And so the trial began.

~half an hour later~

"All rise!" An officer said as the judge entered the court room. After he sat down, they all did.
From the center of the room a chage came up from under the floor. Inside it there was a man. Sirius Black.