surprises

Author's note: hi and welcome to another chapter. I really wanted to include more in here, because I have so many new ideas, but I figured I'll just uodate more often. The next chapter will be posted tomorrow or in 2 days. I really want to give them more sweet moments, but I can only write sad stuff so don't expect me to be too cheezy:))) I hope you'll enjoy it and don't forget to vote and comment if you like it, it would mean a lot to me!

<Doja Cat- Streets>

The court was adjourned. Again. Theodora couldn’t understand how a witness could just disappear in the middle of the ministry. She just wanted this problem to be over and for Sirius to finally be free, but it seemed like the odds were against them all the time. Her and Remus went to the door, when they saw something that annoyed both of them: Mr. Harrison was giving declarations and details about what happened during the trial to about forty journalists that were dying for the tea.

Remus wanted to step in front of her so he could make a way to step through that crowd of people, but she stopped him and went first. Immediately she was hit with a thousand questions, trying to answer each of them in the most least interpretable way. The attention was not on the man anymore, that being what she wanted from the beginning.

After she saw his and Pettingrew disappear down the hallway, she ended with a single phrase:
“I can assure you, ladies and gentlemen that I will do everything that is in my power to make justice for Sirius Black. Now please, may I pass…”

Lupin watched amazed how the journalists stepped back and let her pass, even though some were still asking questions. She passed the sea of people when a dark silhouette of a man stopped her: Severus. She knew exactly what he wanted.
Lupin motioned to pull her away in a protective manner, but she stopped him again:
“It’s all right! I can handle this! Wait for me outside please!”

She watched him leave and then turned to Snape.
“I need to talk to you and this way no one could hear us.” He thought.
Fine!” she rolled her eyes. She hated when she had to have a conversation through thoughts, but she went along.
That woman, Natalia is a spy for Pettegrew.”
I know”. She cut him off. “Her movements betrayed her. But the question is: why would YOU help ME?” She was confused, indeed. She needed answers.
You’re a legittimens, go find out yourself!”

Without thinking twice, Theodora began digging into his memories and found out what she was most afraid to be true: Dumbledore was behind this. He forced Severus to do that. She always hated that man, but now she was determined to hide everything from him. The only horcruxes left were Harry and the snake. She couldn’t believe Snape had to destroy them all by himself, while Dumbledore told her they did that together. Now she knew who the real monster was.
She talked to Severus and made a deal to form a secret alliance.

Right when they exited the dark corridor, a owl flew by the window and left a letter in front of Theodora.
They both read the letter from no one else but Natalia. It was an invitation for both her and Remus to a “cocktail smart casual”
What a foolish name she found.” Snape thought.
I know… but the most annoying thing is her vocabulary. She can’t even compose a letter” she rolled her eyes.

You’re still in my mind?” Snape asked surprised by the fact that he didn’t notice her in there. He found her presence so calming and familiar that, when she was in his thoughts it felt like she belonged there. It felt like the emptiness in his heart and mind were filled with her serenity. Unconsciously, he saw her as someone that could help him figure out his problems, like a pillar of support. Without him realizing, in the three months they spent training, he revealed to her, little by little, small parts of his insecurities and fears. He was lucky that she had the reaction he wanted and supported him, offering just the amount of comfort and assurance, just in the way he needed.
But the problem was that, even when she wasn't in his mind, he still found a way to bring her there.
Yes, Severus, I’m still in your mind. I never got out. Now, let’s see if I understood right: tonight, at 9 o’clock, on High Street, number four.”
“Yes, but be careful.”
“As always.” She gave him a small smile.