Chapter 7: Online Meet Cute?

Chapter 7

Edom Inc. Towers, formerly Belcourt Towers, Upper Manhattan

Magnus was in the middle of an important trade deal with an oil company from Saudi Arabia when he received the notification. It had been weeks since he and Raphael talked about anything but work.

He knew they had to talk about what happened in Pandemonium and the Institute but Magnus was not having any of it.

Work piled up during the days he was gone and even if his attraction to that Alpha, whose face, by the way, he hasn't seen yet, was palpable, there were more important things to focus on. As of the moment. 

But his devoted bodyguard saw the shift in his expression when the familiar ping from the Bonded app caught his attention instead of the powerpoint presentation in front of him. 

"Magnus," Raphael mouthed in warning. He glared back cheekily and clicked the notif.

Alec Lightwood joined Bonded. Say hi! 

Magnus squinted at the newcomer's profile picture and suddenly stood up. 

"Excuse me for a bit. I need to go to the toilet," he hastily said,"Raphael, please take over. I'll be back."

The Beta's glare felt like knives at his back but the only thing Magnus was feeling at that moment was the hot liquid fire that shot down his cock when he saw the bold tattooed neck of this Alec person.  

He remembered it. It was the last thing he saw before he went unconscious at the club. 

Magnus ran-walk to his office and locked it tightly, earning several confused stares from his staff. 

He scrolled down the profile and gasped. Magnus slumped down his executive chair, knees weak. 

Alpha. His Alpha. 

"He's not yours, stupid," he muttered as he shivered lightly, remembering that deep mouth-watering aroma of chocolate smell that lingered on his nose.

He chased it in his dreams in the last few days, waking him up, hot, bothered and horny. Like he was still in heat. 

Magnus typed a message mindlessly still distracted by the image of the Alpha's neck. 

----

Alec just splurted his $20 black coffee on his $20,000 high-end computer monitor at work. One of his assistants saw the despair on his eyes and immediately began pulling out the unit's plug and wiped the offending substance off it. 

He spared her a guilty glance before turning his back to read again the pop-up dialogue from his app.

Alec's heart thudded in his chest on the message he received just a couple of days after he made his very first Bonded account after a year of not having any reason to. 

Magnus: I masturbated to the image of your neck for so many times you can't dare to imagine .