Chapter 5: Run, Omega, Run

Chapter Five

Alec was floating. For hours. 

There was no other way to describe it.

One minute he was in his room, wondering why it was heavily-guarded by his Beta team, then he would blink blearily and he's consumed by the overwhelming need to get out of the bed and go to Magnus. 

He knew it was the Omega's scent. He couldn't even compare how powerful it is to that one time a different Omega's heat sent him to a rut. 

Alec gritted his teeth in pain. His raw skin beneath the restraints felt chaffed. He wanted to touch himself so bad but he knew once the binds are gone, he would stop at nothing until he does everything he wants to do with Magnus. 

First, he would inhale Magnus' scent deeply and bottle it up. Second, he would stare at those striking eyes and if he sees his own hunger mirrored on them, he would rip off both their clothes and

You're a disgrace. How low could you get , he chastised himself in the little clear moment his rut allowed him. 

He could hear Underhill's voice like it was underwater, assuring him that Izzy's on her way and Alec would go under again. 

"It's getting worse. He's going delirious," he heard the Beta said before he closed his eyes. 

It was a dream. Whether they were memories or not, Alec wouldn't know.

The only anchors he had were the icy blue eyes and an easy smile. 

"Lightwood, I met someone. He's a Beta but I think he's it for me,"

"Him to meet you? I'd rather let him meet Pops and Mum first. You're worse than my parents," the woman laughed, clearly in love. 

"That's a slur. We're not tools for breeding. Make sure our codes pick that shit up. Asshole Alphas,"

"I feel like he's hiding something from me. It's five days until our wedding. I'm scared, Lightwood...what if?"

A scream. The scent of blood and fear.
His pounding heart. 

Alec woke up with a start, cold sweat running down his temples. There was a commotion outside. Magnus' scent was nearer. 

His Alpha, which was eerily silent since the start of this rut, growled, delighted.

---

Magnus was unstoppable. After kicking Raphael on the stomach that had the Beta crumpling on the floor, he took advantage of their initial shock and flew out the door. 

He could hear alarmed shouts before he was madly pursued by Beta guards in black suits.

The floor bit at his feet but it propelled him faster. He had to go two floors down. An elevator pinged but he chose to ignore it, taking the stairs instead. 

"Magnus!" Raphael called out, apparently recovered and was leading the others in the chase.