onze

**Louis POV**

I looked down for a bit thinking about what to say next and when I raised my head again there was no reminder of a smile. Instead, Harry looked pale and almost afraid his eyes resting on something behind me.

I turned around and there stood Liam looking equally as pale as Harry, like he just saw a ghost.

He was the first of us to regain his voice.

"Harry?"

All Harry did was swallow, not moving a single limb.

"D'you guys know each other or something?", I ask, looking between the two of them.

"Louis, do you remember when I told you about that one friend, I said nasty things to and that later killed himself?", Liam asked in a shaky voice.

After a confused couple of seconds, I finally put all the pieces together. I clapped my hands in front of my mouth letting out a shaky breath, looking between the two of them.

"Harry look-"

"What do you want? D'you think you can make everything good again? Why are you even dead anyways? This can't be real I'm dreaming right now.", the angel said with a shaky voice, dragging his trembling hands down his face. He slowly turned to me.

"Why in HELL would YOU Louis, YOU be friends with a person like that?! And you even knew what he did to me?! You know he's homophobic right? He doesn't like people like us!", he's now screaming, his whole body shaking violently, while looking me deep in the eyes.

He takes a slow step towards me, our feet almost touching.

"I'm sorry I have to do this,", he starts whispering, "but I can't be with you if you're gonna be friends with him. It's either me or him. You choose."

I can feel tears running down my cheek as I look into his forest green eyes.

"If you've made up your mind, you know where to find me.", is the last thing he says before opening his gorgeous white wings and taking off.

-

It has been two days since Harry fled and left me standing there like an idiot not knowing what to do.

After he flew away, I talked with Liam wanting to know what happened. He told me everything and when he finished, I couldn't look at him anymore.

When he first told me why he came to hell, I thought he'd over-dramatized his story. That maybe what he did to that kid wasn't the reason for their suicide. But now? Now I knew it was really bad. After a few minutes of silence, I got up from where Liam and I had sat down on a bench to talk, and left, telling him that I didn't want to see him ever again with tears in my eyes.

That's how I ended up flying over the ocean, on my way to the Grand Canyon. When we first started hanging out, we always used to end our days with watching the sunset, sitting on that one old tree.

As expected, I saw Harry's silhouette sitting at the high branch we used to sit on, with his back leaning against the big tree-trunk.

I landed slowly, trying not to make too much noise when my feet softly hit the ground. I walked up to the tree, climbing up and sitting on his side, first looking at the beautiful red and orange sunset and then slowly turning Harrys way.

I could see that he'd been crying. His cheeks were red and blotchy and his eyes still a bit glassy.

He was the first to break the uncomfortable silence.

"So, you here to say goodbye?", he wiped his nose with his thumb, looking at the ground.

I frowned at him.

"Why would you say that?", I whispered his way.

He now finally looked at me, our eyes locking sight. I'd never get tired of his eyes, they were just so beautiful.

"You know, I like you a lot...Like...a LOT..."

"I like you a lot too...", he whispered back. In that moment it was only him and me, it felt like the whole world topped turning.

"I talked to Liam", I started again after quite some time, "He told me the whole story...and I don't ever want to see him again."

I could see how a huge weight was lifted off of his shoulders. He let out a shaky breath, his lips twitching into a little smile.

"So you did choose me", he said with a small voice.

That's only when I realised how close we were to each other, our breaths almost mingling.

"Always", was the last thing I whispered before our lips attached in a gentle and loving kiss.

I could feel my heart beating so hard, like it was going to explode.

Our lips detached when he gently took my hand in his and laid it on his chest, feeling his heartbeat was just as fast as mine.

"You feel what you do to me?", he asked, us both crackling up at his cheesy words.

He then gently tugged me to him, so my head was rested to his chest.

That's how we spent the rest of the night. Cuddled together on the tree, catching the last rays of sunshine. Feeling like home.