Part 14:

Sofia’s POV)

“Finally”, I thought as the horrible dreams finally were gone. I’ve been dreaming for day’s possibly even weeks. Then everything disappeared and it was black behind my eyes. I think I probably was asleep, without dreaming. Suddenly I felt an incredible pain in my heart and then everything went even blacker.

I opened my eyes. I took a look around. I was on a meadow, surrounded my forest. I saw Harry, he was right beside me.

“I promised I was going to be here when you woke up.” He said and smiled his most adorable smile.

What was this? I could see; which might result in two reasons. The first one – I was still asleep and had started to dream again. Second – I was dead. But if I was dead, why was Harry there too? Did he kill himself? No, he wouldn’t do that. He would do what I wanted him to – live a full life and find someone else to spend it with.

Harry took my hand and pulled me closer, onto his lap. It was only us two on a blanket out in the middle of the forest. I looked into his beautiful green eyes. It was like looking in them for the first time and like falling in love with him all over. I thought I really was dead. None of my dreams had ever been this clear before. A tear fell from my eye. He picked it up with his thumb and then wrapped his hand around my face.

He leaned closer and kissed me. His hands moved further down and got a hold of my shirt. He pulled it over my head as I started to unbutton his shirt. My lips moved down along his neck down his stomach and all the way up again. His breathing was really heavy. He took my face in his hands again and looked deep into my eyes. No questions needed. I forgot that I was wondering why we were there in the first place. In that moment I didn’t really care if I was dead. If this was death I was happy to embrace it.

The next few days continued like that. We survived on our love and nothing else. We ate berries from the edge of the meadow and drank water from the little brook further inside the forest. I couldn’t remember the smell of that meadow before; I’d never been there before.

One morning I woke lying with my head on Harry’s chest and I was watching the sun rise. But that morning was different – the sun shined so strong right into my eyes. I sat up with my eyes on the sun. Then I looked back at Harry, he looked at me with happy eyes. Suddenly the world flipped. I was lying in a white room, surrounded by people, including Harry who stood with his head over the bed where I was lying.

I could see him, great, this was just another dream. When was this going to end?   

Harry’s POV)     

She ended up in coma. The doctors told me she might never wake up. I paced around in her room for seven days until a miracle happened.

“Harry?” A weak voice said from the bed. I ran to her and sat down on the floor next to the bed. I took her hand in mine and locked my eyes to hers, waiting for her to open them. And she did. Happy tears streamed down my face. Her blue eyes looked right into mine.

“I promised I was going to be here when you woke up.” I said and she looked really disappointed. “What’s wrong?” I asked and called for a doctor.

“I just wish all of these dreams would disappear.” She said and a tear fell from her eye as she closed them.

“This is not a dream, Sofia. You’ve been in coma for a week.” I told her and she opened her beautiful teary eyes again.

“Then explain to me why I can see?!” She cried so much that her entire body was shaking.

“You can see me?!” I asked in shock in the same second a doctor came up to the bed.

“More clearly than any of my dreams.” She said and I kept staring at her while she kept sobbing.

“Is this possible?” I asked the doctor. He didn’t answer me; instead he started a conversation with his colleague. I could hear them speak about Sofia’s brain. They decided to make a new x-ray of her brain.

I wrapped my arms around her and hugged her tightly before they took her away from me. Her parents were asleep outside and as they woke up they got to say hi to Sofia before she disappeared to the x-ray.