Part 12:

Sofia’s POV)

I was so scared all the time and I was trying not to show it to Harry. I had to think real hard to remember my others dream from the night before. Find something to tell them so that I could prove that my visions were true. And thanks to Doctor Dawson, I could. It was almost like I could feel Doctor Hudson’s surprise in the air when Dawson opened the room.

“We need you now, Hudson.”  Dawson told her.

“Alan, have you ever met this girl or boy before?” Hudson asked and he hesitated to answer.

“No, I don’t think so, why?”

“You can tell the others to drop what they are researching and come here instead.” Hudson demanded.

“Doctor Hudson, we have noticed that the rock is coming closer to earth.” He sounded terrified.

“Well, all of us in this room can say that we have witnessed a miracle. Tell everyone to drop what they’re doing and call in experts on dreams, eyes, sleep and regular doctors. We’re going to need them all.”

There it was. The moment I feared for all of my life. They wanted to do millions of test on me to figure out what was wrong with me. During the afternoon all kinds of doctors and experts came in to the station and talked with me. I told them about everything I knew.

Their only plan by the end of the night was to find out more about the future so they wanted me to sleep as long as I possibly could during the night.

Before I was going to sleep they let Harry and me to talk alone.

“I’ve dreamt the same horrible dream eight times today Harry. I would do anything for it to go away and never come back.” I always liked my gift because it gave me an opportunity to see, to know what the world looked like. But I would rather be 100% blind than to be the girl to sit in that hospital-bed in a lab.   

“I’m so sorry.” His voiced cracked. I put a hand on his chin, it was wet. He was crying.

“I’ll be fine Harry, I promise. I’m just going to sleep and then I’m going to tell them anything I could possibly say. Then we can leave and never look back again.” I tried to stay positive but it felt like I was shaking in fear. “I’m doing this for the world and for all the people in it. I’m going to save the world.”

He gave me a long kiss before he left. I wished that he could stay with me. This was another fear coming true on the same day, the fear of sleeping alone.

Harry’s POV)   

I wasn’t allowed to be in the same room. I watched her through a window. My heart hurt more than ever when I saw her screaming and kicking in there all by her self.  No matter how much I begged I wasn’t allowed to go inside.

When the morning came I think I’ve slept for a couple of hours. I had a few missed calls from Sofia's parents on her phone, I wasn't going to call them, what was I suppose to say? 

Five doctors or experts were with her in the morning talking for a long while. One of them came out to talk to me.

“Hi, Harry, I’m Sylvia Johnson. Here’s the thing. Sofia can’t be asleep long enough to dream something new. She dreamt the same dream as she did yesterday, three times without any changes. In order for her to be asleep for a long time, we need to keep her asleep with drugs. She needs to push herself in order to dream alternative futures. She needs to be the one to control her dreams.”

“And she agreed to this?” I asked, it sounded too complicated for her to handle.

“Yes. Of course this comes with many complications for Sofia…” When Dr. Johnson told me about all the risks I fell to my knees.

Before it was time for Sofia to sleep I was allowed to see her.

“I never wanted it to go this far, Sofia. You don’t have to do this.” I said as I sat down on her bed next to her. I took her hand and kissed it.

“I need to do it.” She said.

“No, they’re telling me that it’s 30 % chance for you to survive. And you agreed on it.” More tears streamed down my face when I said it out loud. “Tell me one reason for you to do this!”

“You.” She said.

“I don’t care what you decide; you’ll never be weak in my eyes. All I want is you, alive.”

“If I don’t do this, it’s 0 % chance for you to be alive. 0 is a whole lot less than 30, Harry.”

“Wait, what do you mean?” I asked though I knew I didn’t want to know the answer.

“It’s you Harry. I watched you die more than ten times in my dreams, I would never let it happen I reality. I’m going to do this.”

“What about your parents?”

“I’m eighteen; I’m allowed to make my own decisions. You’re going to tell them that I love them if things go badly.”

“Don’t say that." I gave her a huge hug.

“I love you.” I said, I had given up, she was too stubborn. "I’ll be right here, all the time, until you wake up.” I kissed her. I didn't want the kiss to end but I forced my lips to let hers go. I was on my way back. But I just wasn't ready. I went back and gave her another kiss. Our lips were so perfect together. I wanted the world to stop and stay in that moment forever. My hands around her body, her hands in my hair. 

Someone opened the door. I hugged her one last time. I took her hand in mine.

"I love you." I whispered in her ear again.

"I love you too Harry." She said and let my hand go. As I walked out I stopped and looked back at her. My eyes took a picture of the girl I loved, the one with blue perfect eyes and long, brown hair almost all the way to her waist, the one who laughed at everything and smiled when she heard your voice. The girl who been my friend longer than anyone else. The girl I would die for; was going to die for me...