(9) I'm not going to put up a fight if you choke me.

Artemisia's POV

I wake up to Kai peppering my face with kisses and automatically pull him down to my chest. "You have to wake up, baby..." Kai whispers.

I pout with my eyes closed, and Kai lifts me into his arms. "Before we go to the gym, I'll give you a tour of the main house," Kai says.

"Are you saying I'm fat?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

"Never. We're just testing your skills in combat and weapons." He states, setting me down in front of our bathroom.

"When you're ready, I'll have a smoothie waiting for you." He says.

"Really? There's no protein shit, though, right?" I ask, grabbing a change of clothes.

"Of course not. I know you don't like the taste." He says before he closes the door.

After using the bathroom, I changed into some workout clothes. Then, I put my hair into a high ponytail.

Outfit:

I meet Kai near the kitchen hallway, and he hands me a mango smoothie

I meet Kai near the kitchen hallway, and he hands me a mango smoothie. "Thank you," I say, kissing his cheek.

He proudly smiles and says, "We'll start here. You've already familiarized this hallway for food."

"The hallway across is mostly laundry and storage for things we don't need daily." He says. "The two floors above the main floor are just spare bedrooms." He adds.

"Are you the one who chose to have our room on the highest floor?" I ask while sipping my drink.

"Well, my mom and dad used to live in our room, so it became the designated alpha/luna area." He says, facing away from me.

"...Your parents used to own the room we sleep in?" I ask. Wait, so the bed they fucked in, you guys sleep in?

He turns to see my expression and smiles with amusement. "Definitely not. They chose a room on the other floor. Just wanted to tease you." He says.

"Haha," I say sarcastically.

He wraps an arm around my waist and kisses the top of my head. "This side of the floor is where we train." I see some people practicing combat and recognize Ambrose.

"Kairo!" He yells, going in for a hug.

Kai doesn't budge and pushes him away. "Luna." Ambrose addresses me with a slight head nod.

"Does Kai always treat you like this?" I ask jokingly.

"All the time, luna. I can't believe you can stand to be with an annoying, heartless person. Ever since we were kids, he would always bully me." He says dramatically.

"Some people deserve bullying. Stealing our classmates' lunches isn't funny. Everyone knows you were the annoying kid in class, always thinking you're funny." Kai says, rolling his eyes.