(19) Fucking psycho!

Artemisia's POV

Kai asks me to meet him on the side building with the prisoners, and I make sure to carry my dagger. You like that weapon a little too much.

I see Kai waiting for me, and he opens his arms. I smile and jump into his arms. Surprised, he staggers backward to balance himself.

"Miss me?" He teases.

"No, I'm just excited to inflict pain on that motherfucker." I joke.

Kai playfully rolls his eyes, and I lean forward to kiss him. He pressed me against the wall, and I was honestly ready to get on my knees for him.

Before this could escalate, Kai slowly put me back down. I pout, and he cups my chin. "When we're done, I promise we can continue." He says.

"You better keep that promise," I say, skipping towards the cart with weapons.

"I always do." He says, unlocking a door.

Kai is the first to step inside, and Mickey begs, "Please let me go."

I roll in the cart of weapons and wave to Mickey. "What the hell is she doing here?" He asks with disgust.

"I'd be careful if I were you. She's crazy when she's armed." Kai threatens.

"So you need a bitch to do your bloody work?" He asks with a smirk.

Kai punches his throat, causing him to cough. "You shouldn't talk about my wife like that. That always makes me angrier." Kai states, rolling up his sleeves.

The smirk falls off Mickey's face, and I grab my dagger. "Total upgrade, wouldn't you agree?" I ask, tracing the knife on his cheek.

"More like an unsuitable match. I'd suggest you leave her." He tells Kai. Why the fuck does everyone keep saying that?

"What do you want from me?" Mickey asks, trying to move away from my knife.

"Who's the leader of the Blood Rose Pack?" Kai questions.

"I-I don't know! They go by Noel. That's all I know. I've never actually met them." He says.

"Doesn't sound "elite" of them..." I say, leaving a light scratch on his cheek.

Mickey tries to spit on me, but I move away in time. Kai punches his gut, and Mickey doubles over.

"Why did Maddie ask you to place the rose on my car?" I ask.

He rolls his eyes and says, "She wants you dead. You're an inconvenience in everyone's life."

Kai grabs a stick, and I see it looks like some type of taser. Mickey's eyes widen, and he tries to move back. "Come on, man... I told you everything I know." He complains.

"Wouldn't it be inconvenient if I continued to hurt you?" Kai sighs.

"Those were her words! I'd do anything for her." He shouts angrily.

"Why?" I ask quietly.

"I'm in love with her. She's the best thing in my life. I mean, after you, literally anyone is better." He adds.

I glare at him and grab his jaw. "I can't believe I was desperate enough to be with you," I say, grabbing my dagger.

"You should have seen your face when you caught me cheating. Pathetic." He says, trying to make me angrier.

I punch his jaw, and he mutters, "Bitch." After he spits out some blood, I grab his left ear and grin.

"You should have listened to Kai," I say, cutting it off.