(11) Where is your mark and ring?

Artemisia's POV

Kai aims a punch near my stomach, but I quickly block it and kick his knee. I move closer and land a few more hits near his chest. He tries to tackle me, but I escape his hold and restrain him from using his arms.

I catch him smiling, and I raise an eyebrow. "What?" I ask.

He uses his leg to trip me, but my grip doesn't loosen. We both end up falling, but he makes sure I land on top of him.

I'm about to get off his chest when he wraps his arms around my waist. I glance downward and ask, "You gonna let me go?"

"Never." He responds cheekily. "I just wanted to say you've really improved these past few weeks."

"Well, I do have the best trainer." I tease.

He leans upwards to kiss me, and I melt into his arms. His alarm goes off on his phone, and he sighs into my neck.

He sits up and carries me while he grabs his phone. After he turns off the alarm for a meeting he has to attend, I admire his wallpaper. "Press it," I say quietly.

He presses down on the screen, and his live wallpaper shows me kissing his cheek. I smile excitedly, and he presses a kiss to my forehead.

"I have to go. What time is your lunch date with Lana?" He asks.

"I think in an hour," I say.

"Use my black card, okay?" He says, stopping near the door.

"You know I won't," I say, patting his arm.

"Please? I like knowing I can provide for my mate. Even if she has her own money." He says with a pout.

"Emergencies only," I say, pecking his lips.

"It is! You have an emergency lunch to attend. It's urgent that you go shopping." He says.

"Well, when you put it like that..." I say, finally convinced.

"I love you." He says with a wink.

"Who wouldn't?" I answer, tossing imaginary hair over my shoulder. Your hair is supposed to be down for it to be funny.

He grabs my waist, pulling me into his chest. "I love you." I beam.

He exits the training area, and I train with the other pack warriors. Now that we're closer, we all enjoy each other's company.

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

After I curl my hair, I change for my lunch date and grab my purse.

Outfit:

I walk towards the garage and alert a guard to open the gates

I walk towards the garage and alert a guard to open the gates. 20 minutes later, I parked near the restaurant Lana picked. I walk inside and see she picked us a booth.