(21) Find a better sex buddy.

Roxy's POV

Let's fucking go! I get my own chapter bitches! What are you talking about? Artemisia, shut up. It's my time to shine.

"Everything okay?" Dalton asks.

"Artemisia was just being dumb," I answer, licking his cheek.

"Do you want to go hunting for food with me?" Dalton asks excitedly.

I vigorously nod, and he starts running further into the woods. I chase after him and see he already found a rabbit. "I smelled this guy near our area." He says, biting through its body.

He leaves half for me, and I finish the rabbit's remains. Dalton rests his head against my body, and I nibble on his ear. "Let's go for a swim," I say, nudging his body.

"I'll race you again," Dalton says, sprinting away from me.

I immediately jump into a run and try to catch up to him. I pretend to trip on a log and make it look like I hurt my paw.

Dalton immediately freezes and rushes back to me. "Are you okay? Where does it hurt? I can't feel any pain from you." He says in a panicked voice. You're evil.

"Tricked ya." I tease, bolting past his body.

I jump off the cliff and feel my body hit the water's surface. Dalton jumps in a few moments later and swims towards me. He shakes his fur in my direction, and I sniff around his neck.

"That was cruel." He says with a frown.

"I love you?" I say with a slight grin.

"Ya ya..." He says, licking my cheek.

When the moon reaches its peak, fireworks erupt in the sky. "Wow..." I whisper.

Dalton excitedly howls into the night, and I copy his howling. Soon, everyone in our pack is howling, and it makes us all feel more connected. Dalton nuzzles his snout into my neck, and I hold him close in the water.

Dalton swims towards the waterfall, and I watch him disappear behind the waterfall. I follow behind him and see there's a hidden resting area.

Dalton lies down on a rock, and I sit beside him. "This is relaxing," I say, resting against his side.

"What do you think of your first full moon gathering?" Dalton asks.

"It's peaceful. Do you guys ever sleep?" I ask, noticing how everyone is still so energetic.

"A few return to their homes when they feel tired. Others form a sleeping circle." He says.

"For real? So they wake up naked in a circle?" I ask.

"Pretty much. I used to do it when I was a teenager. But as alpha, I don't feel comfortable being naked in front of everyone." He says sheepishly. Get it? Sheepishly as a wolf! You're not funny, Artemisia.

"What do you want to do?" I ask.

"Do you feel comfortable sleeping here? It gives us some privacy, and I placed our clothes in the corner for the morning." He suggests.

"Sounds perfect," I say, snuggling into his warmth. "I love you, Dalton," I say, knowing nothing can ruin this night. You just jinxed our ass. I don't care.