~Epilogue~

Artemisia's POV

I hesitantly walk towards Kai's office and stand outside the closed door. Why are you nervous? I'm not! I'll just come back later when he's not busy.

I walk away, deciding to busy myself at the gym. It's been a month since the Blood Rose Pack attacked, but luckily, the whole pack was disbanded. The members who survived either joined other packs or stayed rogues.

Not many wolves were lost from our pack, but the ones injured recovered quickly. As for me, my bullet wound is all healed up. It only took a month, which reminded me that werewolves have wicked-fast healing. Glad I could be of use.

Obviously, I wasn't the only one happy about my recovery. Kai pampered me with lots of love when he knew my stitches wouldn't interfere with our strenuous activity. Fucking. So much fucking. So, it wasn't surprising when I found out I was pregnant.

A few hours later, I worked up the courage to return to Kai's office. He's going to be happy, right? I mean, we've talked about children, but not right at this moment. He's going to be ecstatic, so tell him.

I inch backward and sigh. Seriously? Just go in! I will be ignoring your annoyance. I'll tell him when he's not busy! Sure.

But this is Roxy signing off. My time to shine has come to an end. I hope you bitches don't forget about me. I think the silver must have gone to your brain.

The third time I return, the door flies open. I try to run before anyone steps out, but Kai grabs my wrist and says, "Got ya."

He pulls me inside and locks the door. "How'd you know I was there?" I ask.

"You've stood out there three times. You do know I can sense when you're near, right? Dalton starts getting excited." He says, looking down at me.

"Oh..." I say, not knowing that.

"You know you're always welcome here." He says, placing me on his thigh while he sits at his desk.

"Now, tell me what's up. You've been acting weird." He says, looking me in the eye.

I glance away and say, "No, I haven't."

He notices the box I'm holding and asks, "Is this for me?"

"Yes..." I murmur.

He smiles excitedly and takes the box. I try to stand up to get off his thigh, but he wraps an arm around my waist to keep me in place.

"Don't be nervous, Isa. You know I love everything you give me." He says, placing the box down.

"I don't know..." I say, tightly smiling. I know he can sense how fast my heart is racing, and he fakes a pout. Goddess, my mate is cute.

He places a soft kiss on my forehead, and I automatically melt in his hold. He gives me a soft smile at my reaction, and I start to relax.

He slowly lifts the box cover and reads the positive pregnancy test. "We're going to be parents?" He excitedly asks.

"Ta-da?" I say with jazz hands.

He laughs and leans forward to kiss me. I cup his cheek, and I feel him smile against my lips. "Goddess, you look beautiful pregnant." He says, slowly looking me up and down.

"I'm not even showing yet," I say, raising an eyebrow.

He smirks and says, "Doesn't mean you're not beautiful. Just looking at you makes me go crazy, knowing you're carrying my child in your womb. Fuck Artemisia."