Chapter 9~My Sacrifice

*Okay y'all, I think this is the longest chapter I've written for this series!!! As always I love reading your comments and your support! But this chapter is a little more descriptive and more mature!!! With love~ xoxo Bells 🔔❤️🧡💛*

Without hesitation or asking me if he heard me right all he said was:

"No."

"What do you mean, no?"

"No." He looked at me seriously and hugged me. "No. Just, no."

"Borra...." You could practically feel his worry radiating off of him. I looked him in the eyes. "Please. You need to do this. I need this. I can hide my horns but, I can't hide my wings. Please." I practically am begging him now. All I can see in his eyes is worry and something new. Something I thought I was the only one feeling...love.

"I can't. I can't hurt you. You're my friend."

"I'm just a friend?"

"No, no. You aren't. You're so much more than that, believe me. Which is why I can't."

"Why not."

"I can't. End of conversation." He started walking away.

"I'm not done talking to you," I say getting angry again. The platform starts to shake again, I need to get my anger under control but, not now. Not when the only person I trust is walking away from me when I need him most. "Don't you dare walk away from me! I'm your queen, you do as I say." He stops short. Oh no. I struck a low blow. We never, ever hold my position against each other. He turns towards me and his eyes are blazing. I step back. "I'm sorry. I didn't me--." Before my eyes, he comes up to me and tackles me on the floor. I try to pull myself up and he puts his foot on my backstepping hard. Really hard.

"You're hurting me." I can't stand up. I can't move. His boot is so heavy on my back.

"Didn't you want me to rip out your wings? "My Queen?" He says the last two words sarcastically and so full of venom. He pulls on my wings. I start to scream and my fingernails dig into the floor. I yelped out, loud.

"Aaaahhh." My voice cracks. My own screams sound heart-wrenching. He continues to pull and I can practically feel my skin ripping. The world around me seems to spin and everything is going haywire around me. Borra pulls one final, hard, time. I let out my last heart-wrenching scream and then I feel nothing. I feel empty. I curl up on the floor and reach to my back. All I feel is liquid and when I look at my hands there covered in blood. Then, everything turns black. I open my eyes groggily because I can feel someone pull me off the ground and bring me to a room. Everything is blurry but, I can still recognize the room. It's Borra's and I know because I painted his walls a very bright pink as a prank.

"Bright pink," I mumble.

"Very bright." He kisses my forehead while my eyes drift shut. My eyes drift open and shut for a while. Sometimes I feel Borra putting some cream on my back and sometimes I feel him putting a cold rag on my forehead. When I finally open my eyes I was wrapped in Borra's arms. He was awake looking at me stroking my hair, back, and my scars. I flinched. "I'm sorry. I was mad and I shouldn't have done that."

"Don't be. I asked for it. I knew what I was doing, getting you mad. I knew you would only do something like that to me if you got angry enough. Subconsciously of course." We both chuckle lightly.

"How do you figure?"

"Because I think you love me."

"Think of yourself so highly, don't you?"

"I say it because I feel it too and that's why I wanted you to rip out my wings. I trust you more than any other person alive." He lifts my chin and we lean in and just when I'm about to reach him there's a knock at the door. Every time. I roll my eyes and start to get up.

"You shouldn't."

"But, I can." I stand using everything possible to lean on and I open the door. "Yes?" I ask the spy standing outside.

"She has said yes. Your meeting is at midnight. She wants to meet you in a fancy bakery. Far from both the moors and her kingdom. But, you have to go alone." I give the man a curt nod.

"Thank you. Go say hi to your family. You deserve it." I give him a warm smile. I close the door and turn back inside.

"I don't want you to go alone."

"I have to. I can't compromise not one thing. Not after everything." I gesture to my back. "I go at midnight.

I have dinner with the devil and I don't plan to be late."