Chapter 13~ The Queen's Castle

"I'm not sure how much longer I can take without my wings. This is torture." I speak while Borra zips up my dress. The two days have passed and I'm on my way to the Queen's castle.

"It's only for one more day. You can handle it."

"Can I though?"

"What about me being your servant? I can't handle that but I do." He says back to me. I roll my eyes.

"Don't be so salty. Sometimes we have to make sacrifices. Like maybe your pride?"

"Ha! You're such a hypocrite!"

"Fine. You're right. Now, how do I look?" I ask Borra twirling around in a circle.

"Magnificent! How about me?" He does a sarcastic twirl to show off how I asked him to dress. Let's just say very badly.

"Handsome."

"You're such a liar." We both chuckle and I hear a knock at the door. It's father. I sigh knowing what's about to come.

"Borra, could you give us a moment?" I ask.

"Yeah, I'll be outside waiting for you." He says and walks out the door. My father comes in and looks at me disappointed.

"You know your mother is a very complicated woman. You should just give her a chance. That's all I'm asking from you. A chance." He says. I look at him contemplating.

"You're the one who always taught me to go with my gut. I'm going with it. Whatever happens, happens."

"I'll be there. To watch."

"Why put yourself through watching her die?"

"I'm hoping it won't come to that."

"You have too much hope in me."

"Of course I do. You have the potential to be great and yet, you focus on revenge."

"Sometimes what's at the end of revenge is great."

"And sometimes it leads to a darker path."

"It won't."

"I hope you're right. For your kingdom's sake. And for your mother's." He says and he turns to walk around.

"You're not even going to say goodbye to your daughter?"

"When she comes back I will. But, I'm afraid you aren't her." He says and walks away. I can't believe him. Maleficent this. And she's good that. I just can't! I mean she's just so.....her! Should I give her a second chance? I don't know anymore. The only thing I know is to go to this dinner and settle this one and for all. I walk out the door and find Borra.

"What did he say?"

"Doesn't matter," I reply. "We should get going." He looked at me worriedly then wrapped an arm around my waist and we flew into the city. When we dropped down I noticed the time. "6:00.  Right on time." I say. We walk into the front of the castle and some guards stop me.

"Who are you?" One guard said.

"Let them pass!" Ingrid spoke from inside the gates. Then the guards opened them and I went inside.

"Ingrid! Great to see you! I hope all is in place?"

"Yes! Very much so! Your hint about the iron has production up 100% for weapons."

"I am pleased to help. Maybe you could give me a tour of the castle? Show me the weapons you've been working on?"

"Yes, of course! I would love some more input on how to get maximum damage." I smile and to her eye, it would look natural but to Borra's, it looks completely fake. We walk into her castle and it is rather beautiful. I love my home but we are far away from everyone on the ocean. I would love for my people to live freely as humans do. But that's just it.....it's a dream. And dreams rarely come true. We walk into the Queen's room and her wardrobe. "This is the best way to show you everything we've been working on." She tilts her mannequin's head and we walk inside the secret doorway that opened.

There is a bridge to walk on and underneath it are people working and making weapons. I stand there in complete shock. This is so much worse than imagined. I go into Borra's head.

"If I didn't catch on they would've eradicated our race. Dear god. I shouldn't have told them. What have I done?"

"At least we know what they have now. We'll be ready to fight. It's okay." Borra reassured me. I broke the connection and followed the Queen farther. We went down a couple of steps and I saw a creature making different ingredients and I looked to see small creatures in jars all around his room. It's a torture chamber.

"Our friend here mixing ingredients so we can find something stronger than the iron to take out the fae. He told me about something that grows on fae's graves. He thinks it could be useful." She looks at me as if testing me to see if I will tell her.

"Ah. Yes. I've heard about it. Somewhere in the Moors. I'm not exactly sure where but they have a lot. Say hypothetically you did get your hands on it who knows what you could accomplish." I said regularly to her ear but to Borra's, it sounded worried. Then a small dinging sound is heard.

"Ah! That's our guest. It's time to go see Maleficent! I hope you're ready!"

"Oh. I am."