Chapter 10~Moving On Up

*Okay sorry for interrupting your program but, I just wanted to ask you guys if you wanted to keep the fluff or do some lemon. I really don't know what I should do. It would be my first time writing lemon but I'm open to it if y'all want it. Okay, that's all!~xoxo Bells 🔔❤️💛🧡*

"How are you going to cover your horns?" Borra asks me.

"Not cover them. Make her think I don't have anything."

"Mind magic? Isn't that dangerous?"

"When has that stopped me? There's just one thing."

"What?"

"Welllllll....." I say worrying he might say no to what I'm about to ask.

"What?" He said more seriously hearing the sound of my voice.

"I need to practice on you."

"Ha! You're funny. No way."

"Come on." I playfully nudge him with my elbow. Giving him my best puppy dog eyes.

"Fine, just don't mess up my head."

"Alright let's go to the meditation room." We head out to the mediation room and sit on the comfy pillows. "Alright bring your head forward." I put my fingers out for his temple and Borra moves between them. I close my eyes and feel my magic go into his head. I decide to make his brain think that I wasn't there. After I let go of his head he looks around.

"Y/N? Where are you? Y/N?" He says worriedly. I put my fingers back to his head and undo the magic.

"Ta da! I'm right here."

"Thank the fae." He pulls me in tight. I flinch.

"It worked!" I say excitedly pulling out of his grasp and trying to change the conversation.

"Yeah...it did. How will you get close enough to her?"

"I could probably do it at a distance. We should probably try though. Go all the way over there." I point to the other side of the room. I noticed I let out a breath I was holding in. "Okay let's try this again." My magic swirls around my fingers and I point my magic at his brain. I made his brain think I had wings.

"You have wings now? Since when? I thought I ripped them out." I grimaced at what he said then, redacted my magic. "Oh. That worked."

"Yeah. Would you say the same as before?"

"Sure."

"Okay great." He starts walking toward me. I involuntarily stepped back.

"Did I do something?"

"What? No, no of course not. I just wanted to check out my wings. Where did you put them?"

"With your Dad."

"You told him what happened?"

"Yeah, I did. I don't think he likes me very much right now."

"Right...I guess I'll go talk with him alone then." I start walking out the door.

"Hey!" Borra says walking up to be. He goes to touch my arm and I flinch. Borra looked at me and noticed. His eyes were filled with sadness and hurt.

"Listen, it's not what you think. I know I told you to do it but, it still hurts a little. I mean we were yelling at each other and then we kissed and then I got told I had the dinner with the queen. Everything was moving so fast and I think it just caught up to me. I'm gonna be honest with you kind of scared me a little when you ripped them out of my back but I know you'll never hurt me. So I'm good really. I promise." I started rambling all the while he was looking at me. I couldn't understand his gaze, so closed off. "Can you say something? Please?"

"I understand. May I touch you?" I smile a few tears come down my face.

"Of course, you can." I reached for his hand and held it. "Come with me." I pulled him with me to the council room where they have meetings. "I want you to move on up. I want you to have a council position."

"What? If you feel bad for me you don't have to do this I don't want your pity."

"It's not about pity. You're dad used to be on the council." I feel Borra get tense beside me.

"I'm not my father."

"I know that. You are kind, caring, and loyal. I want you to right his wrongs. I want you to be on my side. Like you always are." He turned his head towards me.

"You're very convincing. You know that?" He moves towards me to hug me then stops. "May I?"

"Shut up," I say kissing him.

"I guess I can then." He replies cockily. We stood there in the middle of the room looking at it all. Then I remembered I had somewhere to be.

"Crap. I have to go get changed. Thank you for today." I kissed his cheek.

"I'll pick you up."

"I can fly there," I say forgetting for a split second I didn't have my wings. Borra looked at me with pity. "I mean yeah. You can take me." I nodded at him. "11:30. Make sure you're there."

"Promise." I leave the room and go back to mine. I take a shower and pin up my hair into a bun with a little crown on top. Then I put a black-green dress on. I always liked the color green. It speaks to me. My makeup was black and green. What? I like the color. I step out of my door and Borra was right there gawking at me.

"Like what you see?" I did a twirl.

"Very much. You are....absolutely stunning."

"Thank you." I blush and look down.

"Shall we?" He holds his arm out to me.

"We shall." He pulls me in tight. This time I only flinch a little. "It's getting better." Borra smiled.

"Hold on tight."

"Always do." He blasts off into the sky and out of the nest. He lands a little bit away from the bakery.

"You ready?"

"Yeah of course. Let's just wait till you see her." We waited. And waited. Until the woman came. She was blonde and walked with confidence. You can feel royalty radiating off of her. Besides her was a woman who looked like a servant with her red hair tied up. Should I have a servant? I looked right at Borra. Immediately I could tell he knew what I was thinking.

"No. No. No."

"Please pretty pleaseeeeeee. I'll give you anything. I'll owe you hugeeeee."

"Fine."