Chapter 6~ Borra

Years had passed and the baby had grown into a beautiful queen. Even though the fey didn't have a queen they gave the title to her because she was the last of the Phoenix line besides Maleficent. The girl grew to resent her mother. Not because she left her but because she left and watched over another child. She gets reports from her spies saying that the child she put a curse on is the same one she watches over and gives the crown of the moors to. She gave it to a mortal with no magic. She left her for that Aurora. And so, she disliked her mother with a passion. Against her father's wishes. Conall keeps telling her to have an open mind but she just can't forgive.

"Hello father." She gently stepped back onto solid ground.

"Hello my beautiful daughter." They shared a warm embrace.

"Today we can't train together. I have a meeting with the council."

"Shouldn't I be there? I am the queen."

"A queen that could use the best training possible."

"I am the best."

"You could be better. Don't let your pride blind you."

I grunted."Yeah, you're right." I mumbled. "Who's going to train with me then?"

"Borra." I immediately got nervous. My childhood crush turned into a handsome muscular man. Who could carry me anywhere if he wanted to.

"Father. Why do I know you have other intentions than simply training?"

"You both would make a great match."

"Ah ha! So you did have ulterior motives."

"I've seen the way he looks at you."

"Stop, please."

"Stop what." A hard thud hit the ground.

"He is embarrassing me Borra."

"What's new." We chuckled and Borra hugged me. It felt different. Good. My stomach had so many butterflies. He placed his hand on my lower back. It felt lower than usual. I didn't mind. We might've hugged for a little too long but I didn't mind that either. My dad did an awkward cough probably to remind us that he was still there.

I coughed awkwardly as well. "Um sorry," I mumbled.

"I'm not," Borra whispered in my ear leaving a tingling sensation behind. 

"Ug, Borra your confidence is ever so persistent." I chuckle and playfully shove him. My dad smiled at us knowingly.

"I'll let you two train then. You both know where to find me." With that he gave a flap of his wings and he was up in the air. The powerful wind messed up our hair. And we both chuckled.

"Here." I put Borra's hair back in place. When I was finished he put my hair back behind my ear slowly. And tilted my head up. This is the moment I thought. The moment he would kiss me. Instead he sweeped my legs.

"Ow. Bastard." I stood up automatically with my fists in front of my face. "You're going down."  I ran and tackled him. We both fell to the ground with me on top of him. Our chests touching. I could feel his muscles underneath his shirt and his heart beating fast. Our faces just mere inches apart.

"I win."

"For now." We both stood up.

"Oh. You're. On."