Chapter 14~Dear Ol' Mom

Our footsteps echo in the hall. Each step ricochets off the wall and with each step my heart beats faster. I can't tell whether I'm excited or nervous. I don't even know why I'm feeling these things anyways I know what I need to do to Maleficent for leaving me, for leaving my father. No, not leaving, she abandoned me. I was supposed to be her daughter and not some Aurora girl who sleeps and suddenly she's so popular.

Suddenly two men join us in walking to the front door. One older so I assumed it was the king and the younger one the prince. My eyes roll inwardly at this. Even more royalty great. We reach the end of the hall and stop at the door. I catch the queen's eye and she nods at me. In return, I nod subtly back. The door opens with a bang and you should see the getup my mother was wearing. Hideous really. Her horns are covered up with fabric which I really don't understand why. It doesn't help her case. Her wings were put back on and she had this servant. He looked dreadful and full of sorrow. And Aurora with her dress, ugh so much pink and flowers. But never the less I put my smile on. We all headed to the table and sit down.

"Hi, I don't think we've met before." Aurora puts her hand out for me to shake it. I plaster on the fakest smile I can.

"Hello there, I'm Y/n." I shake her hand and squeeze a little harder than usual.

"Strong grip you have Y/n. I'm Aurora."

"I know I've heard so much about you." I smile and squeeze her hand harder before letting go. This girl really aggregates me.

"I'm sorry have we met?" The prince asks me.

"Oh no darling she is my sister-in-law. My dear late brother's wife."  The Queen steps in.

"Oh, my apologies." The prince continued.

"Oh, no problem I've been away anyways." You know I would be a great actor if I wasn't fighting a war. I move my attention over to Maleficent so I can finally get this party started. "I don't believe we met before." I looked Maleficent in the eyes. "Who are you?" Maleficent looked surprised.

"You don't know who I am?"  She responded.

"No idea. Are you supposed to be someone important?" I smile with my response and Maleficent looked a little aggravated. I smiled even bigger. The food started coming in and I realized it was bird meat. I smiled even bigger because that was a nice move from the Queen. It should bother me but getting my revenge like this feels much better. I looked over at Maleficent and she was definitely disturbed. Especially her little servant. Then the silverware came and I could tell it was iron. Borra looked at me worried. I nodded at him secretly. Borra didn't know that I made an incantation for my hands so the iron doesn't affect me. I looked at Maleficent to see her move to take the fork and knife when she burns herself and pulls away.

"Oh dear, I forgot the iron." The Queen said. I really tried to hold in my laughter now cause you can practically feel Maleficent's anger.

"It's fine," Maleficent says dryly then I see her catch Borra's eye. "Hello, who are you?"

"Don't speak to her." I said to Borra rudely. Then I looked at Maleficent. "He's my servant. You have something to say to him, you can say to me." Maleficent got mad and I was living for it. Just a little more and I'll have her right where I want her.

"Aurora darling I am so excited to have you in my family. You're like the daughter I never had. I can't wait for you to live here." The Queen said and that was Maleficent's breaking point. Her magic bursted out of her making everything green in the room. Then Borra moved in front of me to protect me and the next second the king fell on the floor. Everything happened so fast. I ran over to the king where by the way, there was no way Maleficent could've hurt him.  I would've felt the magic. Then Aurora starts yelling at Maleficent and the Queen starts crying. Maleficent leaves out the room crashing through the window. I look at Borra shocked because of all that was happening and he points at the Queens servant who's waving at me to come to her. I get up and move to her.

"It's time. Follow me." She speaks and starts walking down the hall. I follow her up to the tower and all the way at the top she hands me a cross bow. "She's right there. Just point and shoot." I nodded at her and I raised the crossbow to my eyes. I started shaking a little bit and I don't even know why. Then I thought of my father and I put off my aim a little bit. If it kills her it kills her if it doesn't it doesn't.
Then I fire and I see her fall from the sky. I could see her wings go limp and her crash into the water. I wait for a little while to see what was going to happen and then I saw a figure swoop into the water and pick her up. I recognized that figure even in the dark. It was my father. The servant saw it and spoke.

"I'll go tell the Queen. You should leave before anyone gets suspicious." Thank lord. Any reason to get out of here.

"Of course tell the Queen I'll talk to her later." The servant left and I spoke to Borra. "We have to leave now." He nodded picked my up bridal style and flew off.

Let's see if she survives.