Arrival 4

They stumbled forward, being pushed in different directions from each other by several other men in black clothes, hands tied behind their backs. Gokudera fell forward, his chin smacking the pavement.

“Aah!” he cried. “What the hell do you think you’re doing?”

“Gokudera-kun!” Tsuna ran towards him.

“Are you alright?” he said while running. Of course, he isn’t, Tsuna thought as a big black figure appeared in front of him, blocking his way from Gokudera. He skidded to a stop, a couple feet from the man. Tsuna let out a wail.

“Move!” Tsuna shot passed the person, shoving him with his shoulder, making the man’s arms pinwheel around as he tried to keep his balance. Tsuna ran up and knelt next to Gokudera.

“Are you okay?” Gokudera looked up at his Juudaime with a twinkle of amazement in his eyes. Hands gripped Tsuna’s hair and pulled him to his feet.

“Owww!” Tsuna shrieked

“Juudaime!”

“Tsuna!” Gokudera, Yamamoto, and Ryohei shouted in concern. Ryohei still looked groggy from getting tousled awake. The man who had greeted them at the door of the van threw Tsuna forward. He landed on his back, rolling a little further until he stopped. A guard came over to pick him up. He pushed Tsuna forward, making him walk forward again. Gokudera looked over at Juudaime, whose bangs were covering his eyes, his head tilted down as if he were in shame. Gokudera’s eyes widened. He’s not giving up is he? Gokudera thought. 

Gokudera looked over at Yamamoto and Ryohei. Yamamoto was frowning, sadness in his eyes. It scared Gokudera to see the usually happy and perky Yamamoto sad and scared himself. Ryohei looked as if a gray cloud had loomed over them. Come on, we can’t give up so easily. We are the Vongola, we can’t give up. He pleaded through his thoughts, about to say it aloud. He bowed his head, feeling utterly defeated.

Tsuna walked ahead of them all, but he could sense the unease of his friends. Gokudera, on the other hand, he sensed something else.

“Don’t give up,” he heard Gokudera say quietly. Tsuna looked over his shoulder at him. His head was low, his chin bloody and he was dragging his feet. He obviously hadn’t said a word. 

“You can’t give up Juudaime!” he heard again. His heart skipped a beat. Did I just hear Gokudera’s thoughts? Tsuna wondered. Maybe it’s the super intuition. He shook his head, clearing out the confusion.

“Don’t worry Gokudera-kun, everybody. I haven’t given up yet, not even close.” Tsuna said under his breath, walking forward into the abandoned factory that lay ahead.

Back in Namimori, the sun was beginning to set. The sky was covered in hues of purple, pink, and gold and the air grew cold as night appeared. Tsuna’s home sat on the corner of the street, painted orange by the sleepy sun and seemingly abandoned, but on the inside, Reborn was starting to worry.

“Mama? Where is Tsuna?” Reborn asked Tsuna’s mom.

“Oh, he’s probably at a friend’s house.” Reborn looked at the door, half expecting his clumsy student to come stumbling in. A knock came at the door. Nana opened it.

“Oh? Are you a friend of Tsuna’s?” he heard her say to the person.

“Ah… yes,” came a familiar voice. Reborn sat up.

Shouichi? Reborn thought and ran towards the door. Irie Shouichi stood at the door, clutching his school bag to his chest, a flicker of fear in his eyes. “Um, Reborn-san? Can we talk?” He gave a nervous laugh.

“Oh, so you’re one of Reborn’s friends, come in.” Nana ushered him forward.

“Mama, we’re going up to Tsuna’s room.”

“Hai. Anything for dinner” She looked up the stairs, they were already gone. 

They walked into the room. Reborn jumped up on the bed.

“They took them! They took Tsuna!” Shouichi said as soon as the door closed behind them. Reborn froze at those words. “Who are they?”

“I was walking home, and when I turned the corner I saw these men attack Tsuna and everyone else! Tsuna was passed out on the ground. Gokudera, Yamamoto, and Ryohei’s box weapons were big! They grew, or more like upgraded.” He flailed his hands around nervously. “The guys shot them! I doubt they were real bullets though because after, they put all of them in the back of a van.” Irie finished and sucked in a breath of air. He had barely paused for breath in between sentences of his rant. Reborn sat there, staring up at Shouichi in disbelief.

“Why didn’t you do anything?” Reborn questioned.

“I had no weapons!” he nearly shouted. “What was I supposed to do? Run up and say ‘drop them or pay the price’?” He made a gun gesture with his hands. “No! I would have been shot too!” I Irie said, even more flustered now.

“Good point,” said Reborn. “I know that Tsuna’s strong, but I have a bad feeling about this. They probably took away their rings and box weapons the moment they hit the ground. Obviously, they aren’t idiots. Let’s go Shouichi.” They ran down the stairs and out of the house. Nana poked her head around the wall at the sound of the door slamming.

“Oh, they left. What about their dinner?” she asked herself, oblivious to the ordeal going on around her.