Shikamaru x reader rejection

• Uh...so I have to take break , so here's a story to distract- I mean to be provided to my lovely demon slayers. •
- I think this name is used b4 but I'm just going to call you all , demon Slayers -

' a beautiful lie....to hide the harsh truth... '

Ah....I love Shikamaru soo much!!!! I'm going to confess to him , but what if he doesn't like me?!?! But... it's my only chance..... " Hey ! " Ino ran beside me , " oooooohh , you thinking about Shikamaru? " Ino was teasing me. So apparently only Ino knew I liked Shikamaru and she would never stop teasing me. " Ino!!!! You said you'll stop teasing me about it!!!! " I grumbled while blushing. " And you said today was the day you were going to confess to him!!!! " Ino squealed " Shush! Other people might hear you ! " I hissed . " Aww....but you're gonna confess right? " Ino asked. " Yes I will but.....what if he doesn't like me? " I asked worriedly . " He won't! He's a fool if he doesn't! " Ino reassured me. " He's here! " Ino pushed me towards him . wheew... Breathe in and out , you can do this. I walked up towards Shikamaru , " hey.... Shikamaru ? " I asked. " Hey , what's up ( y/n ) " Shikamaru answered. " Um.. I need to tell you something , privately . " I quickly said. " Sure. " He followed me from behind to the back of the academy . " What did you want to tell me ?" Shikamaru asked. " Uh....um..... " I gathered all my will power and quickly said " I kinda like you! " And I immediately shut my mouth . Shikamaru looked a bit shocked , then he slowly unfazed himself . " Uh...( Y/n ) , you are pretty and smart but I already have a girlfriend and it's Temari. "

Wha..Ino said...... INO SAID HE'LL LIKE ME , What did I do wrong ?!?!??!?

" hey.. ( y/n ) , you will find another person that you'll like , there is plenty of fish in the sea right? " He placed his hand on my head . " You'll find someone better than me. Definitely. " Shikamaru pet my head. I felt tears threatening to drip out . " Yea! I feel happy for you! As long as you're happy , I am! " I quickly gave him a closed eyed smile to prevent my tears from dripping and I ran . I ran like I never did , I ran and ran and ran , the amount of embarassment and sadness was suffocating . I let my tears roll down freely as I sat under the tree and sobbed .

" It's all a lie....... "

[ Sksksks anyway word count is 421 and hab a gud day (◍•ᴗ•◍)❤ ]