꧁Don't Blame the Dog: Chapter 1꧂

This short story is about the marauders traveling to the Golden Trio's (quartet in this situation) time. I think this story will have about 10-15 chapters (don't hold me up to that)

Characters: James Potter, Lily Evans, Sirius Black, M/n L/n, Remus Lupin, Peter Pettigrew, Severus Snape, Y/n L/n, Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley, Fred Weasley, George Weasley

Hope you enjoy :)

3rd person POV:

In all of the six years Lily Evans had attended Hogwarts, she never thought that she would be getting in the middle of one of the Marauder's pranks.

Despite being a prefect since last year, Lily knew better than try and interrupt Sirius Black or James Potter from one of their elaborate schemes. Sure their other friends, Remus Lupin and Peter Pettigrew might've taken her advice and stopped whatever they were doing, but James and Sirius would torment Lily instead.

Up until this point, Lily didn't think the four boys would do something potentially dangerous, and if it wasn't for her best friend, M/n L/n, she'd never have known what they were up to.

Throughout the past week, Sirius had gone out of his way to pass by Lily in the hallway or stop by where she was seated in the Great Hall. He'd make little remarks about 'Where do you think I'll be in five years?', 'Do you think Prongs will ever win you over?', or even 'Do you think M/n/n will still be hot when she's old?'

Lily hadn't thought much about it until M/n asked her why Sirius was bothering her so much. M/n, herself, had assumed that Sirius was up to something (though Lily didn't think much about it since M/n always seemed wary of him).

When Lily had told the Ravenclaw Veela what new remarks he'd been saying after prefect duty, M/n had laughed and assured Lily that Sirius was only worried about his future grey hairs.

Lily laughed along until Remus decided to interrupt the two girls' conversation with a sorry look.

Lily and M/n shared an equally suspicious expression at his interruption. Both their minds whirring with thoughts pertaining to the Marauders.

"Oh, what are those two up to this time?" Lily angrily questioned and that the same time M/n said, "Remus, don't you want to tell me what Black and Potter is planning?"

Remus looked between the two girls, shadows partly covering his face. At M/n smiling as convincingly pretty as she could manage, he opened his mouth before shutting it and determinedly rushing from the dark corridor they were standing in.

"We've got to follow him — we've been so stupid, Lily."

"Stupid about what, though?"

"Put the pieces together," M/n cried, "they're planning on traveling to the future!"

Lily gaped at her best friend.

At sixteen, M/n L/n was the prettiest person Lily had ever seen. With H/c hair, E/c eyes, and an aura that emitted pride and confidence, M/n had been Lily's best friend since the first year.

Both of the girls had been devastated when they were split up in different houses, but they soon found that it wasn't difficult at all to continue being friends.

"How are they going to time travel — Remus would never let them," Lily said, her voice coming out strained as possibilities flew through her brain.

"Don't let his quiet demeanor fool you," M/n grumbled out, before taking Lily's hand and rushing towards where Remus had ran out. "We've got to stop them."