꧁Don't Blame the Dog: Chapter 3꧂

Happy Inauguration Day 😋

3rd person POV:

The group had a early start, considering how late they had fallen asleep last night. Despite the chatter the boys were having, M/n didn't fully wake up until her scalp started tingling and a burning began in her eyes.

Jumping up, she looked down to realize her shining, silvery hair was now back to normal as a H/c color, and she could assume that her eyes would be back to normal as well.

Lily was already up and reapplying the charms she had used for James, Sirius, and Remus. All four of them seemed up and ready to go, and M/n grumbled at the sight.

Rubbing her eyes, she said in croaky voice, "Lily come change me so we can get going."

Lily looked over her quickly, scanning for something, but soon enough, she finally sighed in defeat.

"We were going over the names," Lily said, gesturing towards the boys. "Remember that you're R/n Clarke — if you forget just get emotional and use your charm."

"Lily Evans giving that kind of advice?" James said in a loud voice, stretching his now short body. "I thought I knew you."

Lily ignored James's comment and helped M/n stand up on the cushions.

"My back is killing me," Sirius complained, running his hand through his now blond hair. "This is your fault, M/n."

"Shut it," M/n grumbled out, clearly still tired. "I want to go see McGonagall then go the dormitories and take a long nap."

The group started off slow as the picked up the cushions and blankets, but once they heard a shriek of laughter outside the door, they began to hastily stack them up in a pile. None of them seemed too eager to have an interaction with a student.

"Are you going to be okay in the Ravenclaw dormitories by yourself?" Lily asked in concern as the group began to make their way down the corridors.

"She is any other time," James stated smartly, pushing to Lily's other side.

"I'll act like a Gryffindor for the time being," M/n yawned.

"It'll be smarter to pose as a Gryffindor," Remus explained at James and Sirius's confused looks.

"Why's that, Moony?" Sirius piped up. "Is it so you can be closer—"

"Stop using those ridiculous nicknames, Randy,"
M/n chided.

Despite looking slightly grateful for the reminder, Sirius still sent her a rebuke.

"Nobody will know about our nicknames."

"Please," Lily snorted. "Wilfred has a son, that's probably the first thing you three taught him — besides, since I would clearly know Y/n considering R/n is my best friend, I know I'd warn her to stay clear of anyone that uses those nicknames."

"Didn't seem to work," Sirius muttered.

The group of five began to climb up a set of stairs. Portraits would occasionally turn towards them, never having seen the older kids before (well, with those hair colors, heights, and eye colors). Student interaction was at a bare minimum, the current students would gawk at the strange group of people — never speaking to them. Added on to that, there weren't even that many students out, only a few who wanted an early start and breakfast.

"You know I'd have my child consider you an aunt," M/n started, but was interrupted by a wary looking Lily.

"Please don't — what if I had a child and they fell in love? That would be quite strange..."