Reckless: Chapter 1

Okay so I'm going to start another quick story (I know the last one isn't finished, I just have no motivation for anything)

-This is set during Harry and Y/n's third year before all ~that~ stuff happened

-since it's back in third year, they only have slightly platonic feelings for each other

-this should only be like 5 chapters for the most part

That's about all you need to know. If you're confused about anything, you can keep reading ig or if you want, you can go read Everlasting 🙄🤟🏻

3rd person POV:

The whole of third year seemed to move more sluggishly during the week of exams; Neville's eyes were swollen from a lack of sleep; Dean kept nodding off during lunch; even Parvati seemed on edge with anyone who approached her.

It was a miracle none of them fell asleep during the actual testing period.

It was only Hermione, the person who had very obviously gotten the smallest amount of sleep, who appeared bright-eyed.

"My nerves keep me up," she told Ron, Harry, and Y/n as they sat against a tree after their final test of the day.

"That's why I don't worry about it," Y/n said silkily. "I only study for a little bit and then trust that I remember enough."

Harry let a small smile crack on his face as Hermione grunted while placing her head on her hand.

"How could you remember everything from this year?" Ron inquired.

He looked towards Y/n with an air of suspiciousness, but Harry could only feel slight interest as he watched the scene.

"I'm an excellent guesser."

"Right," Harry snorted, though he had to admit that she was pretty good at guessing.

"I am — don't be jealous."

"I'm not jealous—"

"—so you could help me pass my exams?" Ron interrupted, gaping at Y/n.

"Ron, I've been trying to give you tips since first year."

"It would be so much easier if you just did it for me."

Ron stopped, casted a glance at Hermione to see her reaction and then paused. Turning around to see why Ron looked so smug, Y/n found Hermione in a light sleep against the tree.

Ron, as if concerned with the girl's silence, moved a hand to wake her—

"Don't," Harry advised.

"But she said she was going to start studying for tomorrow's exams in a couple minutes," Ron said.

"Once she wakes up she won't go to sleep until four in the morning," Y/n groaned, feeling slight concern for the girl.

The redhead dropped his hand but continued to look at the girl, brows furrowed.

"How do you think you did on Transfiguration?" Harry changed the subject, now addressing Y/n.

"I don't think too bad," she said, sighing slightly, "but I suppose I'll do better with Professor Lupin's test."

"I think that might be the easiest exam."

"Don't you want. . ."

Y/n drawled off, eyebrows scrunching up as she watched Ron slowly lean towards Hermione once again.

"What. . .?"

"When has Hermione ever worn this?" Ron questioned, pulling at a now showing golden chain around Hermione's neck.

Once the full necklace was out of hiding from Hermione's robes, Harry, Y/n, and Ron shared confused looks.

"She's told me she's not a fan of necklaces," Y/n said slowly.

"Maybe she's changed," Harry shrugged.

"That doesn't look like a normal necklace to you, does it?" The h/c questioned.

"Knowing Hermione, she probably put some sort of charm in it—"

The other two gave Ron an almost unbelievable look.
It was very unlikely for Hermione to charm any necklace to give her a boost for anything — she would most likely find some way to say it's cheating.

"I guess not then, seeing as she's such a stickler for rules," he said, slowly beginning to flip the small hourglass.

"What are you doing?" Harry quickly said.

"You don't know what it does," Y/n stated in an irritated tone.

"It's harmless—"

Hermione, as if their voices were an octave too loud, suddenly began waking up. She rubbed at her eyes before taking in a panicking Y/n, a concerned Harry, and a nonchalant Ron.

Her eyes suddenly popped open as she took note of her hourglass in Ron's hands, hand raising to her neck to find the chain pulled taut.

"Don't tell you flipped that," Hermione said urgently, eyes widening even more as the chain began to glow.

"I told you," Y/n stubbornly said, as Hermione began muttering small pleas.

"We can fix it," Harry stated, taking hold of the necklace so he could get it out of Ron's hands.

"I don't think we can," Y/n shouted, quickly throwing an arm around Harry's torso as if she could keep him on the ground.

"Ron, I swear to Merlin—"

But Hermione cut off as she took in the sight of Y/n, Harry, Ron, and even herself begin glowing slowly.

The h/c girl squinted her eyes shut, mind blank as a dizzying feeling came over her. She heard one last shout from Ron and then she felt herself half on someone's body and half on the ground.

I know Timeturners don't work like that 💃🏼 I just made my own twist on it so all four of them could make it to the future without having hermione too OOC.