Love for Pranks and the Prankster (George Weasley x Reader)

description: George and his insistence on pranks and mischief was one of the things you loved most about him. could a prank finally be the way to let out some harbored feelings? (this was requested byJulzLovDraco4Eva !)

word count: 1.8k

The stench of dung bombs in the Gryffindor common room was one of your most vivid memories from first year. It was this instance, because it finally introduced to the infamous Weasley twins. The prank was memorable by itself, yes, but it was the shorter, quieter of the two that stuck in your mind most. He was.. gorgeous. That was the only way to describe it. The way his pale skin highlighted his already bright hair, his dimples ever present on his cheeks as he laughed, eyes that sparkled. But it was the smile he gave you, full of wonder and pure happiness, that told you: you were going to fall in love with this man. 

Later, you would learn his name was George Weasley, twin to Fred, and brother to many others. A new friend of yours, Ron, was one of them. But now having a name to the face only made your schoolgirl crush worse. Because now, you would recognize when others conversations were about him, when he would do something incredible or incredibly stupid, or when Ron would tell a childhood story. The more you learned, the more you fell. As you become closer with Ron, you also become close with his family, George included. Now that you two were friends, you could safely say you no longer had a crush on him. No, you were in love with him. 

As you all got older, you noticed a change in Ron. Not necessarily his personality, but more so how he acted towards you. He would stare at you when he thought you weren't looking, smile and laugh at every joke you made (even if it was terrible), and have trouble making eye contact with you without becoming red in the face. Rather than make it awkward by confronting him, you choose to merely let it slide. Most of the time actually you would try and find George whenever Ron got weird. This time was one of those. You, Ron, Neville, and George were in a catch up potions class. You were sick during your original Amortentia lesson, Neville just found himself in make up lessons quite often, and Ron and George had an extra quidditch practice that made them both miss their classes. As the four of you entered the room, it was clear there was going to be a partner system. You hesitated but when you felt Ron's gaze intently on your back, you made your decision and headed towards George. 

Snape gave you instructions on how to precede. George, despite being more advanced than the three of you, had a very simple assignment that he finished rather quickly. Instead of just leaving, he decided to stay and assist you in hopes you both could leave faster. You were almost done with your potion when you glanced back at your professor. Snape's eyes were burrowed in a book, obviously disinterested in the students present in HIS classroom. George had noticed his lack of attention and smiled to himself. You saw this smirk and knew that he was up to no good. He quietly reached into his pocket to pull out a small brown bag wrapped with black twine. George leaned ever so slightly near your ear, "why don't you say we test this? It's a brand new explosive powder Fred and I made." He leaned back with a proud grin plastered on his face. You knew it was a bad idea, hell everything with the Weasley twins was a bad idea, but you just couldn't say no to George. "What do you want to do with it?" George rubbed his hands together, obviously excited you were on board. So often Fred would claim he was both the brains and brawn of the two of them but you knew better. George was always the secret mastermind. "Why don't you go over and help my dear old brother. It appears his and Neville's potion isn't looking too good." He smiled, waiting for your response. "I'm fine with messing with Ron but Neville? He doesn't deserve it." George rolled his eyes, damn you and your good heart. "Fine. I'll ask Neville to come over here while you go over and give the powder to Ron. That way Neville isn't involved. Deal?" "Why do I have to be the one to go over there?" George sighed, "Fred does not have nearly these many questions. Because Ron will know I am up to something. Does it make sense now?" George was pretending to be annoyed but his smile gave away his performance. You were also pretending to be stubborn, it would be no fun if you just agreed right away no would it? In response you held out your hand, obviously waiting for George to pass the small burlap pouch. He sneaked it into your palm, careful to keep it secured, and called over Neville saying he had a question. Snape peered over his book at the words but quickly returned to them. Neville, confused, got up from his chair and made his way to your table. At your cue, you also stood and walked to Ron. "Hey Ron, how's it going?" As you spoke, Ron immediately blushed and looked into his cauldron to avoid eye contact. He responded quietly that he was alright and just wanted to take a nap. His eyes continued to focus on his potion and you knew you needed him to look elsewhere. You leaned in and whispered "look at Snape right now, he has a booger!" Childish, yes, but effective. Ron immediately darted his eyes towards Snape while you discreetly placed the powder inside his cauldron. George didn't say how long it would take to explode but you weren't taking any chances. "Huh never mind he looks normal. Well I am going to head back." Ron looked back at you visibly confused but you were already half way back to George, giving him a thumbs up. Suddenly a roar entered the classroom as purple smoke encased both Ron and his cauldron. You and George started dying laughing until you heard another yell. "WEASLEY. Y/L/N. DETENTION. BOTH OF YOU. AND LEAVE MY CLASSROOM AT ONCE."

Detention was quiet to say the least. Professor Flitwick was supposed to be in there with the two of you but as you were his favorite student, he decided to "step out" for a few minutes. But it had been twenty minutes since you last saw him. So it was you and George in silence.  Tense would be a more accurate way to describe it, however. George was wallowing in guilt, he was always landing you in detention and it weighed heavy on him. His guilt was preventing him to speak or even look in your direction for that matter. However, you had different thoughts going through your head. Every time you were around George, your body would feel like it was on fire. And your eyes would always linger on him, no matter how creepy it may be. The way his navy shirt so perfectly clung to him, to the point where you could make out his collarbones. The way his hair expertly framed his face, save for the one piece that laid across his left eye. And oh his eyes. They were probably what you loved most about George's appearance. They shone with a childlike innocence, desperately trying to see everyone and the good inside them. His eyes had a way to make you feel understood and loved and you would find yourself staring into his eyes every time you needed reassurance. Of course, your infatuation with George was not merely because of his looks, although that was a part of it, but right now your mind chose to admire the beauty of the man in front of you. George finally caught onto your staring "Oi, Y/N I know I'm handsome but that's no reason to stare." He laughed to himself but his comment inspired something in you. For too long you have kept these feelings bottled up, for too long you've simply admired; it was time to take action. "I think thats a perfectly good reason to stare. I like looking at attractive things." George looked at you, confused but intrigued, "you really mean that Y/N?" "Yes I do. I think you're one of the most attractive men in Hogwarts, probably one of the most attractive in the country." George leaned back, shocked from your confidence. His response made you nervous, perhaps this was a bad idea you thought to yourself. But then George started to blush and smile like a dork. "R-r-eally?" "Yes you dork. I think very highly of you in many ways. Have so for years now." At this, George's expression changed and suddenly, his lips were on yours. It definitely took you by surprise but it only took you a second before you were kissing him back. It was full of desperation as his teeth clashed against yours, his hand holding your cheeks tightly, afraid that he would never feel them again. Never have you felt so loved and desired in your whole life, it blew away your entire mind. It seemed like the two of you would never separate until a booming voice entered the room, "WHAT THE HELL GEORGE." Afraid at first it was Flitwick, you both turned to see Ron in the doorway with Harry and Hermione by his side. George answered first, "what are you doing here?" Ron, clearly fuming, screamed again "WELL I WANTED TO SEE IF THE TWO OF YOU WERE ALMOST DONE BUT I CAN SEE IM CLEARLY INTERRUPTING." At this, Ron stormed out of the door and slammed it shut behind him. Both you and George were in complete shock of course, but so were Harry and Hermione. There was an awkward pause until Harry made the first move. He turned to follow Ron out but before he left he turned back around. "He'll be okay. You know him and his temper. I'm happy for you guys, truly I am." Harry gave one last soft smile and then left the room to most likely calm Ron. Hermione stood awkwardly in the doorway, "it took the two of you long enough." She smiled and followed Harry out. At the new privacy, George turned to face you again. "My brother, he'll get over it. He's just going to have to accept that I am in love with the most perfect girl in the world." Love? Your cheeks immediately become as bright as George's hair, "really?" George laughed at your shock and smiled. "Ever since I first saw you in the Common Room."