A Very Weasley Christmas (George Weasley x Reader)

description: your boyfriend George Weasley invites you to spend Christmas break with the whole Weasley family. could anything be better than that?

word count: 1.1k 

"What are you doing?" ..."Homework, George isn't it slightly obvious?" "Y/NNNNN don't be a meanie I'm just trying to talk to you!" The charms paper you had been spending hours on was due the next day and it was imperative you finished it tonight. And yet, your lovely boyfriend George Weasley was trying to distract you. He truly meant no harm but Merlin was he getting on your nerves. Putting the paper down you turned to look at him. A grin covered his face as he was practically bouncing up and down with excitement. "Y/N? Can I ask you something?" George's cheeks started to match his hair and you grew curious with what this could be about. His hand scratched the back of his neck, a telltale sign he was nervous. "I was wondering, if you didn't have any plans of course, if you wanted to come to the Burrow for winter break?" George gave a small smile as he waited for your response. Thoughts of playing quidditch matches, baking with Mrs. Weasley, gossiping at night with Hermione and Ginny, showing Mr. Weasley objects from your childhood, having late night talks with George filled your mind. Emotions started to fill you as imagined how wonderful this break could be. Your arms flew around him "George! That sounds amazing! Of course I'll come! Is it okay with your parents though? I don't want to be a burden." George laughed, "Y/N, of course it is okay with them. They love you like a daughter, my mom won't stop talking about you coming." Merlin, could the Weasley family be any better?

Winter break soon came and you found yourself at the Burrow in Ginny's room along with Hermione. The Burrow was filled to the brim with people as all of the Weasleys were home along with you, Hermione, and Harry. Days were spent playing quidditch, playing pranks, and messing around. And every night, you joined Molly in the kitchen to help with dinner. You were slowly cutting the vegetables, making sure to match the perfection of Molly's cuts. "Y/N dear thank you so much for your help. And I am so happy you are here." Her voice was so genuine and it made you feel so loved. She really did have the power to be a mother to everyone. "Thank you for having me Mrs. Weasley. I appreciate everything so much. It has been so incredible to spend time here with everyone." A blush rose on your cheeks as you thought of George. Molly slightly smiled "dear you make my son so happy, I couldn't bear to let him go without you for a break. I have never seen George love someone as much as he loves you besides Fred of course." Her words touched you, her approval meant the world to you. Happy tears fell down your cheeks as she embraced you. You both stood there for a while; words could not express how much that moment meant to you.

The night before Christmas, George took you outside. He had took your hand after dinner and led you to a small corner in their yard. There he pointed to the sky. "The stars always look better out here. I take for granted this view when I'm at Hogwarts." You both were staring at the sky when he started to speak again. "I'm so glad you're here Y/N, I hope you'll be around for all my Christmases. I love you." George smiled at you as his sweet words lingered in the air. You both stayed outside till it got too cold and he led you back to your bed. "Goodnight, I'll see you in the morning love."

Your sweet dreams suddenly ended when a large object slammed down on your chest. Groggily, you opened your eyes only to see red. George was laying down on you and shaking your shoulders and screaming "wake up! Wake up! Y/N! It's Christmas!!! Wake up!!" It always amazed you how he always had so much energy. "George do you realize how early it is? I need my beauty rest, can you get off me?" George started laughing and rolled off you. He laced his hand around your waist and whispered in your ear "there's presents downstairs." Those were the magic words and you were out of bed and wide awake. George's surprised face suddenly turned to laughter as he saw your excitement. You both ran down the stairs and were greeted with a beautiful tree adorned with twinkling lights and small perfectly wrapped presents underneath it. George's face was so childlike; seeing him so happy made your heart soar. You both sat down and (somewhat patiently) waited for the rest of the clan to wake up. Within several minutes, everyone slowly made their way down the stairs as Fred's voice carried across the Burrow, "PRESENT TIME EVERYONE UP!" He ran down the stairs with the same large smile George had and you couldn't help but laugh. Those two were so identical it was incredible. Everyone gathered around the tree, with small yawns here and there. Presents were being passed around and paper was flying everywhere. Small muggle objects, books, cooking supplies, and tricks started to cover the ground. You had received some books from most of the Weasleys, Fred had gotten you some new pranks him and George were developing, and George had gotten you a gorgeous silver necklace. Your gifts were perfect and everyone seemed to be enjoying the presents you got them as well. Christmas seemed to be ending when suddenly Molly started passing around medium packages to her family. You realized they must be the Weasley sweaters and you were so excited to see what color George got this year. Every Christmas, you stole George's sweater as he had so many. Your fingers crossed hoping his would be yellow as you didn't have a sweater that color yet. As you waited and looked at George, Molly suddenly appeared before you with another package in her hand. "Here you go Y/N." She smiled and walked away. The colorful gift sat in your lap as your brain short circuited. This couldn't possibly be your own sweater. Everyone started opening their gifts so you followed their lead. As you peeled away the paper a soft yellow material began to appeared. You held up the sweater to see your initial on a yellow sweater. Tears filled your eyes as you looked around the room and saw all the red heads (and two brown ones). This was family, this was your family. George leaned over and whispered, "Merry Christmas Y/N"