Chapter 39

(Y/N) had enough of running from these monsters, enough was enough. If she was going to go down, she wasn't about to go down without a fight. A part of (Y/N) knew it would most likely lead to her doom, but as long as she can save Aoi she would try her best. She didn't deserve this, nor did the other innocent people involved with their obsessive love. (Y/N) got out of the truck and stood still for a moment listening for anything. It felt weird knowing that reincarnation was a real thing as she was a product of that. Her past life was terrible, so why was her new life terrible as well?

(Y/N) looked at the blank screen of her phone, before turning the phone on silent. She couldn't afford the distractions if they were to keep messages her to get know where she was at. After stashing her phone in her pocket she trudged forward in the darkness of the night. The moon only giving snippets of light through the dense forest line of trees. She could managed if she was careful enough, but that wasn't the time for being careful right now. She had to protect Aoi and get her to safety even if it costed her freedom. (Y/N) thought how foolish she was to think that the killing of her parents were an accident as well having someone right after what to help you out. It almost felt to good to be true, which made the situation a lot more creepier. Having her math teacher who was, yes attractive, but at least twice her age coming after her like this was truly startling. Basically her whole class was after her...the worst is that they took Aoi. Even though Aoi was a little over the top, she helped her out in the end. (Y/N) couldn't have asked for a better friend than her. Deep down (Y/N) knew that somehow they will catch up to her, she didn't want to drag Aoi deeper into this.

The forest was quiet, the only thing that was heard was the sounds of crickets playing their sweet tunes and a owl occasionally cooing every now and then. To be frank. (Y/N) had no idea where she was going. Everything looked the same with the usual dense amount of trees and dirt. She had to at least been walking for about fifteen minutes before coming across something that told her she was going the right way. It was a small puddle of blood. It was blood from something injured, something that was injured and dragged somewhere. Due to the huge size of the forest, it was the best bet to follow it. Even if it was injured animal, it was better than nothing. Looking at the trail of blood, (Y/N) decided to cautiously follow the trail. After a few twist and turns she came across a singular blue nail. Aoi's nail.

There is no way that this trail of blood wasn't Aoi's. She must have been in a struggle due to the blood and tissue that was underneath the fake blue finger nail. If Aoi was good enough to struggle then what was the gunshot for? Yes she could have been shot but she isn't the type of person to keep struggling against their captor. She might have the balls to go threw all of this, but her pain tolerance wasn't best.

Standing up, (Y/N) began to follow the trail until it lead into a dead end. Tall skinny trees circled the area, weeds were growing in random places. Walking closer, there sat a singular wood-rotted school desk and a metal barrel. On top of the desk sat a almost wilted white carnation flower with the school profile photo of (Y/N) herself.

"We've been waiting, gosh you take so long! Just like old times right?"

(Y/N) quickly turned around to be meant with the faces she had been dreading to see. Turning back around there was Erwin, Hanji, and Mike standing behind the desk. At her left side approached Reiner, Bertolt, and Marco. A little laugh was heard to the right. All she saw was Connie, Sasha, Eren, and Armin stroll up beside her. A few of them were missing. Oruo, Eld, Levi, and Mikasa were the ones that (Y/N) guessed were missing. Well at least she had to deal with a few of them missing.

"W-Why are you doing t-this? I mean, I know why w-with me...but Aoi doesn't have to be part of this!" (Y/N) shouted, tears unknowingly filling her eyes.