Chapter 20

"Your friend is here (Y/N)!"

"W-What!" (Y/N) screamed waking up out of bed with a trail of drool running out of her mouth down onto her chin.

(Y/N)'s bedroom door opened to reveal Annie in a white shirt tucked into a pair of light denim jeans, while wearing a pair of sandals. She was surprised to see (Y/N0 still in bed, although she did look pretty cute, morning face and all.

"I'm sorry Annie, let me get my clothes and everything! You can take a seat on my bed or something." (Y/N) said before jumping out of bed and grabbing a pair of blue jeans long with black t-shirt with a purple designed NASA shirt. She ran into the bathroom, quickly changing and brushing her hair and teeth. (Y/N) emerged from the bathroom and put on some simple tennis shoes, grabbing her navy blue satchel and grabbing Annie's hand guiding her to the door.

"Bye mom!"

"Bye Annie!" Her mother screamed from her bedroom, (Y/N)'s father not being happy with his wife screaming.

"Sorry about that Annie!"

"It's fine. You probably forgot to set your alarm, right?"

"Yes I did. I fell asleep forgetting to set the damn thing! But anyway, let's go eat some breakfast, their pancakes are to kill for." Annie smiled and they began to talk and walk to the mall.

The dinner they walked into had a homey atmosphere, it had warm-lighting throughout the restaurant as the booths and chairs were nicely renovated.

"Welcome, table for two?"

"Yes!" (Y/N) cheered.

"Right this way!" The waiter said as he as he lead him to their table.

Once they had sat down, it took a moment for Annie to soak in the place. (Y/N) giggled at Annie as Annie was making a cute fish face as her mouth would open up and down slightly, like a fish. A familiar waiter had came over to the table, his face overcoming with shock as his face turned pink.

"Hello (Y-Y/N)...Annie..." Connie said as he tried to compose himself, as he tried to re-arrange his apron as best as he could. It obviously failed, due to his nervousness getting the best of him.

"Connie? You work here, that's great!" (Y/N) exclaimed.

"Y-Yeah, you know saving the good ol' money and all. How are you today?"

"I'm doing great this morning actually, Annie and I are going to hang out today." (Y/N) cheered as she grabbed Annie's hand, waving it in the air.

"That's...great. Well anything I could start you off with?" Connie asked, as he went back to his job.

"Well, I would start off with some simple plain apple juice. What about you Annie?" She replied.

"I-I-I'll take some orange juice..." Annie shyly replied.

Connie wrote it down on his notepad and rushed to give them their orders. Connie was ecstatic that the love his life was here, but was somewhat embarrassed as she had to see him in the dinner's uniform instead of the his regular snazzy clothes. Well at least he thought they were really cool looking. Annie loosened up after (Y/N) continuously bothered her to let herself go, that it was their day out. Annie then started talking more with (Y/N) while Connie would glare at her whenever he had the chance too when he wasn't serving someone.

"Is that is for today?" Connie asked as he brought the check to the table.

"That'll be all, thank you Connie for being a mazing waiter!" (Y/N) smiled yet again, sending the buzz-cut boy into a blushing mess.

"N-No problem (Y-Y/N) here's your check, see you at school Monday!" Connie exclaimed before rushing off behind the counter.

(Y/N) and Annie payed for the bill, both putting in half and half to contribute to their amazing breakfast. Annie was stuffed and happy as the food she received was heavenly good and couldn't think (Y/N) anymore for introducing such a great place. Once they checked out they made their way toward the mall, doing some small shopping. They had soon walked into one store which was somewhat expensive, but had great quality clothing. Annie picked out different hoodies that she could wear with her uniform. She was unsure of which hoodie would look great as (Y/N) gave Annie her opinion, visa versa. (Y/N) picked out a grey and yellow striped cardigan as Annie bought a sky blue hoodie that complemented her eyes. As the grey cardigan was neutral with the school's uniform. Annie was about to go pay for her hoodie when (Y/N) saw a flash of ginger hair walk by. The hair color looked familiar, but it was on the tip of her tongue. Shrugging, she went back into line and patiently waited for Annie to finish paying. Annie turning around with a small smile.

They walked out of the store and began to continue shopping, picking outfits out every now and then as they were somewhat picky on what to buy. Once they finish, (Y/N) started to lead Annie to the ice-skating rink. Although Annie didn't know how to skate, let alone never been ice-skating. She would try to talk (Y/N) out of it, but her little protests didn't work as (Y/N) really wanted to help her out and skate together. Opening the doors of the rink, Annie didn't expect the rush of cold air hit her at once. (Y/N) lead Annie up to one of the staff members and purchased two pink wristbands that would allow them access in the rink for about three hours. (Y/N) delicately wrapping the thin piece of paper around Annie's wrist and doing so for herself. Picking out the right size for the skates was a bit...difficult as Annie had to try on so many skates in order to see which ones would fit her better. Giving out a sigh, (Y/N) laced her skates up and looked at Annie who was having a hard time to stand.

"Annie, okay balance on the blades okay? Baby steps."

"Easy for you too say." Replied Annie.

(Y/N) easily standing up and walking to Annie as she was giving a deadpan look. Annie harshly exhaling as she was embarrassed that (Y/N) could stand up and she couldn't.

"Okay just balance and walk, I know you can do it." (Y/N) said as she shot words of encouragement at her.

Annie started to walk very, very, very slowly. Shaking a few times trying to stand properly without falling flat on the rubber matted floor. (Y/N) grabbed her hand for support and guiding her towards the opening for the skating rink. Annie freaking out every step as she got closer to the ice itself. (Y/N) stepped onto the ice, stretching while giving a cute satisfied sigh. Annie step on the ice, but before flailing her arms up and down and jumping in order to sustain balance. (Y/N) laughing at the little clumsy dance Annie did, Annie glaring back on the ground. (Y/N) stuck her hand out to Annie, helping her up in the process.

"Okay remember Annie, balance. Just one foot in front of the other and soon you'll find yourself gliding on the ice." (Y/N) explained.

"Um..." Annie muttered, scared of making another mistake.

"I'm not going to laugh at you because you don't know how to skate. Now loosen up. You can hold onto my hand for a few laps and then I can watch you fly like a bird!" (Y/N) said before flapping her arms while making a bird-like noise, making Annie giggle.

(Y/N) stuck out her had once again and Annie hesitantly took it. She began to slowly skate as Annie lost balance almost pulling them down in the process. Luckily (Y/N) balancing herself out saving both of them from the fall. This went on for about a lap and Annie started to skate properly. She might've not have knew how to skate, but she caught on fast. Annie and (Y/N) gracefully skating, Annie looking around and catching her gaze at (Y/N). She wore a smile on her face, like the same smile she had when she had introduced herself to her. She was nice enough to be her friend, yet hang out with her. No one has ever treated her like that before, only her father forcing her to do what was 'right'. She like the affection she received from (Y/N), it felt warm and nice. (Y/N) looked at Annie as she felt someone might've been staring at her, only to see it was Annie. Annie turning away and blushing from being caught by the one and only (Y/N). In her previous life she thought (Y/N0 was a stuck up loner who only like the loneliness in her life. That all she wanted to do was join the Scouts and die, she figured out she was wrong. (Y/N) knew that it was Annie, but she couldn't ignore the lingering feeling of being watch.

"Come on Annie, we've been skating like this for a few laps now. Let's speed it up a bit!"

"Your on."

The skating was fun as Annie and (Y/N) a game of freeze tag that soon lead to other younger kids playing with them also. Annie would be lying if she said she didn't have Annie fun, and so with (Y/N). Annie and (Y/N) walked off the rink going to go take off their skates and go back to (Y/N)'s house for a sleepover. Once hey got off their skates their feet felt so light, very light. (Y/N) giggling while shaking her feet while Annie was in wonderment of how her feet felt so light. After the little jumping around with light feet session, they began to head home, not before stopping by the café they would go to after school. (Y/N) buying more donuts and sundae's for the both to share as Annie really seemed to enjoy the sweet treats they had to offer. (Y/N) seemed the creamed coffee, feeling warm after being chilly inside the rink as they forgot to bring jackets. Annie, once again munching on the donuts while watching the TV that hung in the corner of the pink wall.

"Would you two like anymore deserts?" The waitress send as she gripped onto the him of her skirt.

"No were fine her-"

"Can I get two more strawberry donuts?" Annie said as she looked into the waitress's eye, making a creepy dark glare that probably scared the girl.

The waitress left with a little 'okay sure' and running off to go fetch the donuts. Annie shrugged and look back at (Y/N).

"Aren't you going to get anything else?" Annie asked.

"Nah it's fine, this warm coffee is enough for me!" (Y/N) smiled back at Annie.

Soon, when Annie was finished, they started to walk home. It was dark outside as the inly thing that lit up the dark abyss of the streets was the street lights. Sunning like a bright light in a dark tunnel. (Y/N) still couldn't shake the feeling of being watched, she couldn't explain. Every little rustle from the bushes would startle her and Annie would just ask if she was alright. Which (Y/N) responded with a yes. When they both got home, (Y/N) never felt so happy to be home. It was rarely though when she ever felt like doing so. They walked upstairs to her room and change into their pajamas, not really caring about privacy as they were tired. Annie wearing grey sweatpants with a white t-shirt, while (Y/N) wore white sweatpants with a pastel lavender t-shirt. Before they could go open the door to go brush their teeth in the bathroom, the room went black. (Y/N) freaking out when Annie was confused and determined to find out the what had happened. It was black out in the house as they left the hallway lights on, but they were off also. (Y/N) ran to the window and looked at the neighboring houses to find out the lights had worked for them, leaving them the only light-out house in the street. (Y/N) and Annie went to open the door only for it to be locked for some reason.

"Annie what are we going to do?"

"I don't know."

"This whore is going to deserve what she gets, right Oruo?"

"Y-Yes Petra."