Chapter 23

"(Y/N) wake up, it's time to wake up."

"Just-just one more minute!"

"(Y/N) you have to wake up, I have to take you down to the station for questioning."

"I-I what?!"

(Y/N) quickly raised out of the warm and soft bed sheets. The blankets rising as they puffed up every time she would angle herself up farther. There sat Erwin, standing next to her bed, already ready for the day. Dressed formal, as he always is.

"I left some clothes for you on top of the dresser. I don't know if they would actually fit you, but there better than nothing. I'll leave you to get changed." Erwin said before walking out of the room with his footsteps fading as the farther he got.

(Y/N) rubbed her eyes and stretched her arms, letting out a cute yawn as she mentally groaned. She lazily got up and waltzed over to where her spare clothes laid. She eyed them up and down, before grabbing the clothes and changing. The clothes fitted just perfectly actually, unlike Erwin said as he was uncertain that the clothes would fit. It was weird how she ended up in this situation. Having a fun blasting day with Annie, before coming home and having her friend attacked and her family killed. What a funny thing that was.

(Y/N) left the room to be meant with a huge and long corridor. Her eyes spun as she didn't know where to go as she was still tired from everything that happened last night. To think that she'll be now living with her teacher, that was weird. Luckily, Erwin came back up to see (Y/N) standing outside her door confused as ever.

"Follow me downstairs, I made breakfast for the both of us." Erwin smiled before walking side by side with the younger girl.

"Okay. What is it, not trying to be rude or anything!" She asked while correcting herself for thinking she might've upset the blonde male.

"I just made simple breakfast. Hash browns, eggs, toast, sausage, pancakes, just the regular breakfast. No need to feel threatened here, as this is now your house too (Y/N)."

"My house?! I mean, I just went under your are because my family got brutally murdered and your alright with that?!"

"I don't see why not. It wasn't your fault that your family ended up in the state they are now in, right?" Erwin said, still looking in front of him as it walked.

"I guess no...What are they going to ask me at the station?" (Y/N) worriedly said.

"Just what happened during the whole thing, that's all."

"Oh okay."

Erwin and (Y/N) made to downstairs to the very large dining table that sat by the kitchen. It was a nice polished wooden table as it had no scratch that adorned it's smooth surface. Plates of food sat in the middle waiting to be eaten, or at least that is what (Y/N) thought.

"Feel free to eat whatever you want." Erwin announced as he sat down at the end of the table, which probably meant she should to so too.

(Y/N) sat down across from Erwin, which a white china glass plate sat. She started serving herself bits of every type of food that was serve. She was nervous because this is her teachers house which he kept saying was her's also. He just casually serves his own food as he cooks it. Erwin's food was good, he cooked very good. Which made (Y/N) gobble down every little piece or grain of food on her plate. Her parents never had cooked for her, and if they did it was always disgusting or undercooked.

"I take it you enjoy I see." Erwin smiled as he took a sip of his tea, who which he was probably smirking while drinking the said drink.

"Yes, your cooking is very good. Thank you."

"I just want the best for that's all."

The whole breakfast was nerving yet good, as (Y/N) was nervous around her 'new guardian' and was tied with how good the food is. Erwin grabbed his car keys that sat on the kitchen counter top and sent a warm look to (Y/N). Of course she didn't see it, but when she turned around to look at him he immediately wiped it off.

"We have to go. I'm sure they cleaned up some of the crime scenes, enough for you to take some of your belonging's with you. Remember (Y/N) you have to be honest, be honest." Erwin said before walking towards the door that lead to the garage with (Y/N) flailing her arms trying to follow him.

They got to his black Mercedes that (Y/N) spent the part of the night cuddling in the blankets Erwin had provided her. The blankets were now removed and (Y/N) was confused to where he put it. She swore when she got out she left them in the car, in the front seat. (Y/N0 got in to the car and Erwin started it up heading to the crime scene. Three cops were present as some of the forensic crew was too, probably just to make sure they haven't missed any evidence.

"Excuse me you two, this is (Y/N) (L/N), the survivor of this mess. If you would allow her to just pick up some of her clothes as too now she is in my care."

"The survivor? Oh yeah, well your going to have to talk to the head forensic chief over there. He can be a huge dick if he wasn't given his morning coffee, so your going to just have to cross your fingers preppy." One of the officers said before the other one besides him started laughing at his remark.

Erwin ignored the two and took (Y/N) by her shoulder to the forensic chief.

"Excuse me, you must be the chief of the forensic crew I assume?"

"Yeah what do you want?"

"I was just asking if the previous occupier of this home can maybe get some of her clothes as she is living with me for the time being." Erwin politely said as he most likely lied about the 'time being' part.

"...I don't see why not, but your going to have someone escort you inside so you don't tamper with the evidence." The short male chief replied.

"Okay (Y/N) go packed up your necessaries and we'll head to the station. Be careful."

"Yes Mr.-Erwin!" (Y/N) said before being escorted inside taking some of her belongings.

(Y/N) grabbed her clothes of course, the new clothing she bought with Annie was too the ones she had bought to. She took her simple things like a brush, toothbrush, her uniform, etc. She took off out of the nightmare household as that held so much fear and anger inside. She got outside to see Erwin waiting in his car, scrolling though his phone. He probably was going through some stuff guys at his age would go through or something, no big deal. She opened the car door with Erwin stuffing his phone into his back pocket.

"Are you ready?"

"Yes..."

"Well then, lets go."

Every drive with Erwin was silent, it was awkward to talk with your teacher since this doesn't really happen a lot. It was exciting to get to the station to avoid anymore awkward conversations with the guy, exciting. (Y/N) jumped out of the car and began to stroll inside the building which at the front desk was a pretty kind looking woman. She greeted Erwin and (Y/N) with a smile before taking off her Bluetooth ear set.

"How may I help you today?"

"I am here for questioning about the (L/N) murder last night." (Y/N) calmly replied.

"Yes, Officer Davis is in the back at his desk. As to you are her for the forms for her, correct?" She asked turning towards Erwin.

"Yes I am."

"Okay then, Officer Davis will help you with that also. Your access is granted." She smiled before turning back to her computer.

(Y/N) and Erwin walked through the big glass doors that lead into the inner side of the police station. They opened the doors and walked inside to be greeted by a older looking male.

"Hello what desk are you looking for?"

"Officer Davis." Erwin replied.

"His desk is over there." The man said pointing toward a desk with a man sleeping.

Erwin and (Y/N) approached the male, he looked pretty relaxed which made (Y/N) feel guilty for having him to wake up. Erwin placed his hand on (Y/N)'s shoulder telling her not to feel bad as to this is his job. Erwin cleared his throat before speaking with a voice of authority.

"Officer Davis." That short announcement woke him up because of Erwin's deep loud voice.

"Wha-What? Oh it's you two. Came here for questioning?" Davis said as he placed his feet down from he table.

"Yes we did."

"Follow me (Y/N), were going to the interrogation room." Davis announced as he got up and started walking causing (Y/N)'s stomach to turn.

"Isn't the I-interrogation room for c-criminals?"

Davis ignored the question continuing to walk while (Y/N) stuttered behind. The interrogation room was neatly cleaned with barely nothing in there beside a table and two chairs. That was probably the standard for every interrogation room. The room was a sliver gray and it just looked depressing.

"Sit here." Officer Davis pointed to the chair across from the nearest to him.

(Y/N) sat down before starting to fumble with her fingers and begin to sweat.

"Can you tell me what happened from the start to finish?"

"O-Okay sure. I had just got home with my friend Annie from a day out."

"Annie, Annie Leonhart? The girl who got taken away by the ambulance right?" Davis asked.

"Yes. We got home and changed into our sleepwear as the last all of a sudden went out."

"It was just your house on the block that went out?" Davis continued.

"It was. The door was locked, but I don't know how. We couldn't leave my room, and Annie knew something was up. She tried to look for an escape route but my room has none unless we wanted to get hurt. Annie told me to get something to protect myself with as she did so too. She told me to hide in the closet with how she would protect me. I did so, and we heard two voices outside my door. One announced that they took care of my sister. The other was cautious if they picked the wrong door it would be my parents. But the other just decided to take my parents room thinking I would be in there. As the other took my room for safety precautions. The person broke down my door and began to attack Annie. It was a heated fighting session and I began to call the authorities because I was scared. Annie only defended herself for so long, luckily you guys showed up."

"I see. Your father suffered from blood loss as to your mother who received 28 stab wounds to the stomach. As with your sis-"

"I don't want to hear about my family okay. Yes I'm sad that they died, you shouldn't rub it in my face." (Y/N) skillfully lied.

"Well okay then. Do you have any idea who could've done this?"

"No, I have no clue."