Kimi Raikkonen - Why do you keep Pushing me away?

You were sat at the back of the Ferrari garage watching the twenty cars prepare themselves for the beginning of the race. Although you were focusing on the red car of your fiancé Kimi. It was an important day, Ferraris home race at the historic Italian circuit of Monza, in front of their fans the Tifosi.  Qualifying had gone extremely well Kimi having taken pole with the Mercedes of Valterri Bottas beside him. 

  Directly behind in third was the other Ferrari car and championship contender Sebastian Vettel. They were all lined up at the grid waiting for the five red lights to go out. You could feel the tension building as each red light came on before the race got underway. Kimi was able to fend of the charging Mercedes into turn one, behind him the other Ferrari was able to take advantage of the Mercedes going slightly wide and took the second place.

Soon after the first lap things began to settle down each driver setting into their position focusing on the task at hand. Kimi had extended his lead from his teammate to four seconds. The race had began to become repetitive no moves being made as the tyres began to drop off. Soon it was time for first pit stops. Kimi came in first changing from his soft red wall tyres onto medium yellow walls. Exiting the pits he was in thirteenth as others ahead had not pit on the previous lap. 

The race went pretty simply Kimi regaining his lead after the others had pit until the final ten laps. That's where it all went wrong. You overheard Kimi on the radio as it was streamed to the world "There is lots of vibrations!" You noticed his Race Engineer looked concerned ,"Kimi we need to box. Box now!" His voice sounded panicked. 

"What?! Why I'm leading the damn race!" Kimi sounded annoyed realising in the cockpit that if he boxed then his teammate would get the win. "Kimi, this is serious you need to pit. The suspension is failing!" Your heart was beating faster as there was visible vibrations. Thankfully Kimi was able to bring the car back safely. You watched as he pulled into the pits from closer up the suspension was clearly broken and damaged. You saw him get out of the car and approach his engineer. 

You stood up not wanting to finish watching the race a deep need to hug him but he was still busy so you decided to go to his drivers room and wait for him. The door opened not so long later and you could tell that he was not in the mood to talk. Standing up you went to approach him with your arms out to give him a hug, but he shook his head for you to leave him alone. Your arms dropped to your sides he left to the shower changing from his suit into a team shirt and black jeans. You frowned he never refused a hug, never. 

He left to media straight after having a shower, you sighed picking up your bag exiting his room and walking through the paddock. You told Kimi's PR that you were going to your hotel before leaving the paddock and getting a ride back home from one of the waiting taxis. 

You paid the driver thanking them before walking up to your shared suite. You chucked your bag down running your hand through your hair sighing heavily. You looked around the room spotting Kimi's suitcase open on the floor, you walked over to it picking up one of his t-shirts and pair of your shorts going for a shower wanting to rid yourself of the day.

A while later you were curled up in bed attempting to go to sleep but the peace evading you, your mind still full of how Kimi kept pushing you away when you were trying to help. Your head shot up the door to the suite opening and in walked Kimi still dressed in his teamwear, your eyes followed his movements towards you as he settled down on the edge of the bed. "I'm sorry..."

You shook your head, "It's fine," You saw him frown looking up at you his ice blue eyes remorseful, "No, I shouldn't have treated you the way I did all you were trying to do was help me" You nodded looking down at your lap fiddling with your fingers it was silent

"Why do you keep pushing me away? All I want to do is help?" You questioned, Kimi looked up reaching out cupping your jaw in his large hand rubbing his thumb over you cheek, you relaxed into his grip closing your eyes, "I know you want to help kulta. I was in the wrong I shouldn't have pushed you away. I was mad that the car had failed when I was about to win at Monza... It's Ferraris home" He murmured. Locking his eyes with yours, he smiled softly showing you something only a limited amount of people ever got to see from him. He pulled of his t-shirt and trousers quickly putting on a pair of grey sweatpants before climbing in beside you, he lifted his arm tucking you into his side. You sighed a small smile on your lips as you melted into him. He pressed  a kiss to the side of your head as you both settled down to sleep, you rolled over to face him snuggling into his chest he held you tightly "I'm sorry..." You lifted your head pressing a kiss to his nose, "Don't. You've already apologised." You smiled before the both of you fell asleep.