George Russell - We'll Get Through It Together

Warnings - Death of Characters family

You simply couldn't believe it. You knew that they were ill but for it to come so sudden it hit you. It hit you hard like a punch to your gut. You entered the shower hoping for it to make it seem easier to breathe. You allowed the water to run over your body, but the pressing feeling of tears against your eyes didn't give up. You got out wrapping a towel around you.

  You were sat on the bottom of your shared bed dressed in a pair of shorts and a stolen t-shirt taken from your boyfriends suitcase. You were trying to stop yourself from crying but when you heard your boyfriends voice you broke. "Y/N! I'm home!" Your boyfriend called.

George was confused normally you would reply to him but there was no answer. He shook of his coat having already left his shoes by the door. He walked through the house trying to find you, approaching your shared bedroom door he heard muffled cries coming from inside, he pushed open the slightly ajar door stepping inside the comfortable room, he saw you curled up on the bed hugging his pillow to your chest, tears streaming down your cheeks. He rushed over to you gathering your shaking body into his solid embrace.

"Baby, what's wrong?" He asked gently rocking you side to side his hand resting on your hip. You looked up at him your (E/C) coloured eyes glossed over with unshed tears, the substance still having a continuous flow down your face. "They're gone George," You sobbed, "They're both gone. She died three hours ago." You choked on a sob as you told him, it still seeming unreal that both of them had gone within hours of each other. George swallowed,  "Oh Y/N." He hugged you closer too him, "Dad phoned me this morning, you... you left and I rushed to the hospital. Grandad died holding my hand... Then she went..." You broke down into more uncontrollable sobs.

George picked you up gently so that you were laying on top of him. "Why didn't you tell me earlier little one?"
  "Y-you were busy." You whispered, the tears slowing.  "I'm never too busy for you especially when you need me to be there." Your head was buried in the crook of his neck as he stroked the back of your head. "I-i feel like I'm going to be sick," You spoke jumping up quickly and rushing to the bathroom, George followed you and his heart broke seeing you sat in front of the toilet, he rushed over to you taking your loose hair up into a pony tail with one hand his other one rubbing along your spine comfortably, "You done baby?" He asked, you nodded slowly taking gentle sips of the water that he had handed you. 

George took your small hands in his helping you up onto your feet, you brushed your teeth quickly getting rid of the horrid taste in your mouth. "Y/N? We'll get through it together." he spoke quietly. You nodded opening your arms in hope that he'll carry you. He laughed walking up to you and picking you up, your arms went around his neck, your legs around his hips while his arms were holding you against him. He dropped you down onto the mattress climbing in beside your body ,"I'll be right here, whenever you need it." He whispered stroking your cheek, "Why did it have to happen Georgie?" You spoke quietly, tears pooling in your eyes again, you heard him sigh quietly ,"I don't know Y/N, but think they're together, in no more pain and they'll always be beside you." You sobbed listening to him, your small frame was pulled into his larger chest being wrapped up in his arms protecting you from the world. 

 He knew that you'd have to face it again, at they're funeral but he would be there for you and you would heal from the pain. Despite how painful it was now it would all get better, it would never truly go but it would be better and he would always be there right by your side and you by his whenever he needed it.