George Russell - I Love Your Scars

WARNING - Mentions of self-harm. If you find this uncomfortable or potentially triggering then DON'T READ THIS CHAPTER. If you or anyone you know has any trouble with mental health then please speak to someone you trust and get help. 

You were laying in bed trying to go to sleep. You had been tossing and turning for hours but you just could not sleep. You turned over facing the wall. Your boyfriends George should be coming home soon from his race in Canada. You sighed giving up and entered the bathroom.

You stopped in front of the full length mirror. You were wearing just a pair of shorts and a t-shirt that you had stolen from George's wardrobe. You frowned at your body, tears began pressing at the back of your eyes as you found and picked each and every problem with your body. You lifted up your shirt and you could see the white  lines along your hips and thighs from your past trouble. The trouble that George had helped you through.

  He had always been so supportive of you, much different from your ex who had just mentally abused you.  Your breathing was becoming increasingly hard as your thoughts were becoming muddled. Your breathing was laboured you were gasping for air ,"George! George!" You shouted, hoping that he had returned and could help you. 

  There were dark spots appearing in your vision not enough oxygen entering your lungs ,"Y/N? Oh my gosh!" You heard him say, in the panic you were in, all you could do was shout his name, "Darling, Y/N? It's ok baby girl. Whatever's wrong is OK. I'm here." You felt him wrap his arms around your waist pulling your body into his lap. He took your head in his hands making you looking into his dazzling bright blue eyes. "Y/N, you need to breathe. In and out ok? Follow my breathing." You nodded slightly, feeling his thumb rubbing your cheek. You closed your eyes breathing slowly to match his.

"There you are." He spoke softly as your breathing returned to normal, you opened your eyes slowly being able to notice your surroundings, he eyes looked panicked, you sighed resting your head in his neck breathing in his scent which was always able to calm you down. His hand cupped the back of your head softly as he stood up, you wrapped your legs around his hips his arm securing you against him.  He entered the bedroom with you holding onto him like a koala. He let you down to your side of the bed erupting a small whine from you not having his comforting touch around you, he laughed slightly before getting in beside you. 

  He laid facing you pulling your body into his, "What's wrong baby?" He asked quietly. You shrugged snuggling into his chest, "I know there's something wrong. What happened just now doesn't happen normally." You sighed. 

  "Why do you love me George? I've got so many problems mentally, I can't support you in real life at races because I'm to scared to tell the world. I... I'm so ugly George look at me! The scars I've given myself because I was too weak to fight! My hair is dull, I'm not smart..." George interrupted you pulling your body into his, he rolled over so that he was straddling your hips.

 "Stop, you are perfect Y/N.  Mental health is a massive problem but it's a part of you." He leant down pressing a kiss to your forehead. "I love everything about you. I love your eyes. I love your lips, your nose, your freckles, your personality. I love you scars. Do you know why? Because I love YOU. I love you for you." He rested your head onto his chest stroking your hair gently. "Y/N. Your mental health isn't your fault. We'll tell about us when your ready OK? Whenever that may be! Those scars don't make you weak they're a reminder that you're stronger then you ever thought that you could be" 

You smiled, "Thank you,"

You leaned up on your forearm making you look down at him "I'm ready to tell the world George." You saw the concern in his eyes, but he saw the determination in yours. "OK, how do you want to do this?" He asked.

"I want to come with you. To the races." It was silent before you saw him nod. You were pleased. No matter what you knew that he'd always be there for you. And he knew, that you knew that, he was always going to be your rock.