Charles Leclerc - It Was Just A Dream

It was silent, Charles couldn't believe it. How could it have happened? Two weeks, just two weeks after his child had been born, Jules Bianchi had died. He tucked you further into his chest holding you in a way to protect you from this evil world. Charles looked up hearing some quiet commotion from the other side of the room. He saw your mother who was just twenty four talking to his parents who had a look of sorrow on their faces. Your mother looked around her eyes settling on you tucked into Charles chest. She took a breath before exiting the door, Charles was confused until his parents came over. "She wants us to take care of Y/N. She can't bare to care for her, she reminds her too much of Jules." He looked down seeing your brown wisps of hair and your baby blue eyes slowly turning a chocolate brown. 

"I'll look after her. I'll make sure she never forgets him." His parents smiled pulling you both into a hug. "Mum? I'll need help. I want her to call me Charles. I can't replace him." Tears began running down his face. His mother wiped them away. "We're a family Charles. You'll always have our help." He nodded looking down at you pressing a kiss to your cheek. 

Charles was playing with you on the mat on the floor in his parents house, you had recently turned one. You were playing with a miniature version of a Ferrari f1 car. "Cha-Cha!" You laughed, chucking the car at him. 

"Don't throw Y/N!" He said, handing you the car back. "Charles!" You babbled. He gasped, tears gathering in his eyes. He picked you up swinging you around in excitement, his name was your first word, oh how he wish Jules could be here now to see you! "That's it Y/N! Charles, I'm Charles!" You grabbed his cheeks laughing. He rested his much larger hand over your little baby hand. "Oh Y/N. Little Y/N. Your life didn't start out too good, losing your Dad and Mum in a space of a few hours. But... but I promise you that I'll always be here for you. I'll do anything to keep you safe and happy." Your small hand wiped away a stray tear which had leaked from his eyes. " Je t'aime tellemet, petit!"

You started to fuss wanting to be put back down to play with your toys, he laughed quietly putting you back down. He turned around to see his parents standing in the doorway. They approached him wrapping him up in a hug. "Oh Charles, you've done such a good job with her." He let out a breath exiting his parents grip, pressing kiss to his Mum's cheek settling back down resting against the sofa, watching you happily play with the toy Ferrari.

You were four years old and Charles had been given the best of news, he'd been given the Ferrari seat, he was racing in the team his Godfather Jules should have done. Four years on from his death Charles had achieved what he had always hoped to have done. 

"Charles?" You asked, he looked up from the story he was reading to you.

"Yeah?"

"What happened to my Daddy?" He frowned, closing the book he was reading. 

"Y/N. I..." You looked at him with your chocolate doe like eyes. "You know how I drive really fast cars?" He asked. You nodded, " Well he was racing, in wet conditions and he lost control of the car, he crashed and he hurt his head badly. He was in a deep sleep for nine months until the angels decided to take him away." You frowned feeling tears running down your cheeks, "W-Why didn't they let him see me?" You asked, your voice quivering. He shook his head, " I don't know, but I know that your Daddy wouldn't want you to be upset." He pulled you into his arms, pressing a kiss to your hair stroking your back calmly. "I love you Charles." You rested your head on his shoulder falling asleep quickly. He laid you back down once he knew you were fully asleep, he tucked the blanket around you the spring air of Monte Carlo still quite cold. He smiled exiting your room, thinking about how he explained it. Should he have waited longer? No, you'd asked a innocent question and he couldn't just brush it off. You were so young and innocent you didn't understand one hundred percent of what he had said.