5. Unintentional Sage

Naruto sat next to Shikamaru in class. Of course he did they were inseparable the minute the met. They both talked quietly about a lot of things, mostly the Uchiha's and the way they shouldn't exists, however they sat in the same spot like always.

Iruka came in the class and had told the kids that a Jounin would be helping them out. He would be here sparing with them.

Of course Naruto and Shikamaru tuned it out. They obviously didn't care about it. Naruto actually trains with the Nara's and Kurama has shown him a few things. So he was getting training and from people he wanted to be trained from.

The class was excited, to have the ability to spar against a Jounin who was such an impactful ninja to the village. Even Sasuke who sat next to Shino wanted to test how far his abilities can go.

When the Jounin came in the room, a lot of girls were squealing, Naruto and Shikamaru who still were not paying attention in favor of talking just sat there.

"So, nobody has tried talking to you about it?" Shikamaru asked as the class seemed to literally lose their marbles.

"No so Mikoto makes food for me still but when I sit down and eat everybody looks away from me, or Mikoto looks as if she's about to cry. It's fucking annoying." The ten year old cursed.

"Yeah, why are they playing victim like they didn't lie to you about what you carried and the real reason you are living in the Uchiha clan." Naruto clapped loudly, making people quiet down and looked towards the duo.

"Exactly my point. See you understand me, this is exactly why we are friends." Naruto said and Shikamaru nodded.

"I just feel like people should stop playing victim and just be honest. Like wouldn't a world be better if everybody was just honest with themselves?" Naruto went to answer but got cut off.

"I'm not even going to ask what you both are talking about, however Naruto and Shikamaru did you guys even hear what was going on today." Shikamaru and Naruto looked to Iruka and their eyes landed on Itachi and instantly they were in a sour mood.

"You need to meditate, your soul isn't balanced." Shikamaru said ignoring Iruka and Naruto sighed.

"I know. It's hard to meditate now because I get these strange markings when I meditate too long." Naruto whined and Iruka sighed,

"I don't have enough energy today. Class to the courtyard." Everybody stood up, and Itachi sent a look to Naruto, he didn't noticed but Naruto was growing his hair out.

Itachi hummed and decided to look away.

When Iruka explained the rules, Itachi would only be fighting with the skill of a Chunin a lot of people wandered if at this stage would they be able to call themselves a Chunin if they beat Itachi,

Iruka didn't question this, their Hokage was a gambler and she liked to take risks, and doing this was a risk. It would either making the ninjas stronger, or make them realize that this wasn't what they could handle and make the drop out.

So Itachi was there to gather information. He piling information in his brain about all 30 students and he already knew which ones he had to keep an eye out for. So he made it down the line of clanless children before he reached the clan children.

Nothing really stood out until he faced the Aburame heir. He was smart, and could see why him and his brothers are friends. Similar mannerism and a bond that cannot be faked.

Then he faced his brother, and of course his brother was up to par. Their cousin Shisui was training him now, and it seemed Sasuke was soaking everything up like a sponge,

However he was surprised when he faced the Nara. He didn't expect the Nara to be as good as he was in this moment and at his age. Usually Nara's are strong but typically don't get there until they get teamed up with Yamanaka and Akimichi. The Nara's are basically the rock of that group and so it was shock to see that skill developed and honed at the age of ten.

Then he faced his bride to be, who looked like he wanted to be anywhere but there.

"You look as if you want to kill me." Itachi said looking at the red head whose hair was in a similar ponytail.

"The world doesn't revolve around you. Don't flatter yourself." Naruto said as he made the first move. Itachi hummed, and he watched as Naruto effortlessly dodge his attacks as of this want anything to worry about.

Naruto was calm, and he forgot that Nature energy clings to him, like a baby clinging to its mother. Without even thinking he blocked a hit with a little too much force and Itachi slid back a little shocked.

So when the people who looked at Naruto with shocked expressions on their faces. Naruto only yawned and looked to Shikamaru. Shikamaru was too busy laughing, and Naruto rolled his eyes.

"I'm done." Naruto said walking off to Shikamaru.

"You are spending way too much time with me. What is with you being tired all the time?" Shikamaru asked, looking at the lines that decorated Naruto's skin.

"Idk but these are the lines I'm talking about! I really need to keep my soul in balance but it's hard when these lines keep appearing!" Naruto said as Shikamaru and Naruto left the class. They continued to talk about the lines when Itachi looked to Iruka.

"I shall report to lady Tsunade now." Iruka nodded and and looked to his class.

"We will head to lunch now." Iruka said to his stunned students, as they tried to piece together what just happened.

Itachi was in the office going over things, he slid a paper with only fifteen names on it. He explained in detail why those fifteen names had the motivation and raw skill to be ninja. Of course all of the clan heirs are on there but it shocked Tsunade that one civilian was rated high.

"Sakura Haruno?" Tsunade asked, and Itachi nodded.

"Definitely a medic, might as well start her young." Tsunade looked over the paper.

"Your bride at number one, and your brother at number two?" Itachi folded his arms.

"Naruto is a sage. Nature chakra clings to him like a blanket, and he eats it up like he's devouring a meal. Sage lines covered him in the middle of our battle and if he can calmly fight against a Chunin, paying attention to the fight as well as being able to cycle nature energy." Itachi trailed, his bride looked to be the shinobi among shinobi in his class, and his little brother will just have to accept that,

"I'll get right on that as well. I actually have somebody in mind for your younger brother too. Thanks for this Itachi." Itachi bowed and left, wondering what was going to happen next.

*